Extraction Rosin from the Dabpress 6 ton!

lazylathe

AFN Borg
Reaction score
Just starting to enter the world of squishing my own bud into rosin!
A friend and I went 50/50 in on the press and lucky for me, it lives at my house as our kids have grown up and left while my friend still has quite young ones at home...

As an introduction into pressing your own rosin, i thing the Dabpress 6 ton is a great unit.
It's small and compact and very easy to use.

Getting better results, still without bags as I am waiting for my pre press to arrive.

Pressed a friends home grow the other day and it was atrocious...4 Mason jars full of bud and maybe 1,5g return of dark rosin. Tried to press his Strawberry Milkshake CBD and got zero returns... Needs to up his grow game!

Today I pressed him some rosin from my home grow that turned out to be not the strain I was wanting to grow...
Seeds were apparently Pink Kush and Godfather OG, turned out exactly the same and smells like sugar cookies...

Starting material

20200705-132229.jpg

20200705-132248.jpg

I have also been trying to source parchment paper locally but every store is sold out! WTF??
Another toilet paper type crisis out there??

Anyway I found this baking sheet that is meant to replace aluminum foil, wax paper and parchment paper so thought I would give it a go.
20200705-132913.jpg

20200705-132918.jpg

I use it as the sheet that goes over the parchment paper. This way I can use a single sheet of parchment without any blowouts! I used to have to fold it 4 times to prevent blowouts even at low pressure.

Here is a section of the reusable parchment with a squish next to it.
20200705-132903.jpg

Squished 6 pucks from that bottle to land up with this
20200705-135520.jpg

And a few pics of the rosin still on the parchment.
20200705-135532.jpg

20200705-135547.jpg

Ultimately I am looking at turning my grows into bubble hash and pressing the bubble to make hash rosin!

Once I learned how to use a squish bag 90 micron my yield went up at least 25%. I do a first press squishing to about 1/16 of an inch and then immediately a second press at full pressure. My yields range from 15% to 25% depending on the flower. I press at 200°F for 3 minutes then a second press for 5 minutes.

If I am pressing for dabs I do the first press at 185°F for 4 minutes with bud that is just barely dry. This give you the best flavor profile. The second press is at 200°F for 5 minutes and used for medibles.

I like the Raw Parchments 5x5 but the Oil Slick - slick paper is what I am using now. It is easier to pick-up the rosin off of the oil slick.

ScreenHunter_262 Jul. 05 12.06.jpg

I cut them in half and then fold in half to make a 5x5.

Once I learned how to use a squish bag 90 micron my yield went up at least 25%. I do a first press squishing to about 1/16 of an inch and then immediately a second press at full pressure. My yields range from 15% to 25% depending on the flower. I press at 200°F for 3 minutes then a second press for 5 minutes.

If I am pressing for dabs I do the first press at 185°F for 4 minutes with bud that is just barely dry. This give you the best flavor profile. The second press is at 200°F for 5 minutes and used for medibles.

I like the Raw Parchments 5x5 but the Oil Slick - slick paper is what I am using now. It is easier to pick-up the rosin off of the oil slick.

View attachment 1209985

I cut them in half and then fold in half to make a 5x5.
Do you prefer the 185 at 4 minutes or the 200 at 3 minutes? I press hotter and quicker. I think I may try a 185 at 4 and see. Never tried lol

Do you prefer the 185 at 4 minutes or the 200 at 3 minutes? I press hotter and quicker. I think I may try a 185 at 4 and see. Never tried lol
You get less yield at the lower temperature but you save more of the terpenes for a better flavor.

Back