Yellowing leaf tips and clawing!

:toke:..... this is bloody weird mate,.. that mix shouldn't burn or tox'-out for any reason at all,.. even seedlings should be fine in this mix :doh:... no mistake, tip claw is aan N-tox symptom, yellow tips are something else too rich,.. pH is not behind this either,.. though note that the soil can buffer a little, but once the plant has some size, too many other factors can influence pH so don't look to this or any soil to "self-buffer" in a fool-proof way,.. (only true TLO soil can do this, and only if the microbes are all cranking away)....
My bet is this is a poorly mixed batch of soil,.... the Biobizz is so mild to begin with, plus organic so it's not fast releasing either,.... I'd look into getting an Accurate 8 soil pH probe for in-pot measurements... the run-off methods is dubious and a PITA as well, good only when there's no other alternative and the info needed is critical....
Do this, if you still have the soil: make a slurry, 1 cup soil, 1 cup RO/Di water unadjusted.. mix and let sit for 1/2 hour, stir a couple times during, then let settle... drain off some liquid and test pH and TDS (when you can) to see WTF is going on in there,... make sure your pH meter is calibrated and also stored in the proper solution,.. if they dry out, or use water to store, it screws with accuracy or ruins them outright....

Hey everyone. My ppm meter final came yesterday! Inbetween waiting fpr that to come I have started pH'ing my water and I did a flush on her. Since then she has improved so much! All clawing has stopped but she still has some yellowing on new leaf tips. She growing about an inch a day now. I've tested the ppm runoff and it was at 663ppm she's about 16 inches tall now and really bushy so is that ok to be left now?
My tap water ppm is so high it's 380!!!! Run through a Brita filter bought it down to around 300 still high but I can't afford a r.o system so might try adding some distilled water to it see if that helps bring it down.
My other plant has yellow tips aswell now I just tested her runoff and it was 1100!!!! Wtf! She's growing good tho so maybe I'll do a flush. Im not to worried about her coz she's going good.
Here's some pics of her from yesterday. Also I think she has gone into flowering!! Seeing alot of nice pistils. Now that the ppm is at that level should I start nuting again now?
I was going to keep on with just water and wait for the bloom to start and feed her bloom nutes. She's growing so well I don't think she needs help right now.

@chefdave I think you were 100% right in your advice and I've taken it and she recovering really good now so thank you :)

20180426_133004.jpg

Attachments

• 20180426_132925.jpg
    20180426_132925.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 83
:toke:..... this is bloody weird mate,.. that mix shouldn't burn or tox'-out for any reason at all,.. even seedlings should be fine in this mix :doh:... no mistake, tip claw is aan N-tox symptom, yellow tips are something else too rich,.. pH is not behind this either,.. though note that the soil can buffer a little, but once the plant has some size, too many other factors can influence pH so don't look to this or any soil to "self-buffer" in a fool-proof way,.. (only true TLO soil can do this, and only if the microbes are all cranking away)....
My bet is this is a poorly mixed batch of soil,.... the Biobizz is so mild to begin with, plus organic so it's not fast releasing either,.... I'd look into getting an Accurate 8 soil pH probe for in-pot measurements... the run-off methods is dubious and a PITA as well, good only when there's no other alternative and the info needed is critical....
Do this, if you still have the soil: make a slurry, 1 cup soil, 1 cup RO/Di water unadjusted.. mix and let sit for 1/2 hour, stir a couple times during, then let settle... drain off some liquid and test pH and TDS (when you can) to see WTF is going on in there,... make sure your pH meter is calibrated and also stored in the proper solution,.. if they dry out, or use water to store, it screws with accuracy or ruins them outright....

I did think about the soil being a dodgy batch. I got that soil knowing it was so light in nutes coz I had no intentions of potting up. That's why I was stumped.
I think I might try coco next time. Thanks for the reply @Waira

@Autofems Plant looks good!!! If you want to try coco on your next run, ill be happy to help with that. I have been using it for ten years and love it.

@Autofems I use general hydroponics coco tek its good coco I do 20% perlite washed and mixed with coco. These are 11# blocks of coco, You need to rehydrate them with 9-10 gallons of phed water. I also add calmag and nutrient solution to pre charge the coco.

that high ppm water is loaded with minerals, which will begin to accumulate and start driving pH up, possibly interfere with other nute's uptake,.... blend it if you can,.. those self-fill machines you see at stores are fine, and much more economical,.. they put out nice, low ppm water.... get a couple 3-5 gal jugs and stock up! I do this at time as well, making my general use water around 150ppm,... if you use Ca-mg, always add that first, let it sit for a few too, allowing some reaction/stabilizing time,.. then add nutes, adjust last always, if needed,....
Coco is great, but it's a whole different ball game than true soil, so do you homework and talk with 'Dave,... coco is closer to hydro than soil in a lot of ways, more work too if you go drain-to-waste,.. that requires 15-20 run-off every time, to keep salt build up low,...never water alone, hence the elevated need for Ca-Mg or coco specific nutes,... lot's of do's and don't's! .... You can also consider a 'water only" soil amendment like Mephisto/GBD stuff,... Biotabs,.. SoHum (super)-soil,.... though in these cases, I'd still run certain supplements like Si, humic-fulvics, and some mild back-up nutes if needed, usually a PK booster,...

Hello all I'm having a similar problem with clawing of my leaves I have 2 Lamb's breath one looks nice and healthy the other one fan leaves look nice but the new growth on top is curling and look like claws, the leaves are very stiff to the touch. 2 x4 Tent and I have a 400 watt HPS light 20 hours on 4 hours off, 3 gallon fabric pot with ffof soil.

Attachments

• 20181002_115934.jpg
    20181002_115934.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 20181002_115829.jpg
    20181002_115829.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20181002_115807.jpg
    20181002_115807.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 87
Hello all I'm having a similar problem with clawing of my leaves I have 2 Lamb's breath one looks nice and healthy the other one fan leaves look nice but the new growth on top is curling and look like claws, the leaves are very stiff to the touch. 2 x4 Tent and I have a 400 watt HPS light 20 hours on 4 hours off, 3 gallon fabric pot with ffof soil.
Hey James.
Follow the advice given in the previous comments. It helped stop the problems I had.
Are you PHing your water? Mistake I made.
Is your water source high ppm? Problem i had.
are temperatures high? Also problem I had.
I think all these things together caused my plants issues but yet they still went on to produce soooo much buds!!! I got at least 8 ounces out of those 3 plants! I was over the moon with the results and I'm smoking her right now still :)
I worried alot over so many things that was going wrong with them but there such strong plants they just grow!!!

Back