Yellowing from the stem

Reaction score
So I have my first 2 autos going. Mazar and sweet tooth. Sweet tooth is coming along great. The mazar not so much. It's yellowing from the stem outward. Everything pointed to iron issues from either overwatering or too hi of ph. I dropped water ph from 6.2 to 5.5 yesterday and watered after soil was nice and dry an inch or more down. Today I see the biggest leaves started curling and even getting a few spots.

Grow details: I mixed some perlite and verm into a 50/50 mix of ff ocean forest and happy frog (wishing I had layered hf on top of ocean instead of mixed but oh well). I am in 3x3x5.5 foot tent with a marshydro 600 watt (true 100 watt) as I have issues with temp in my house and figured bigger would be worse unfortunately. I have two 4 inch ac infinity raxial duct fans, top exhaust one running slightly higher than bottom intake fan (good neg pressure). I have a fan blowing on the light, and an oscillating fan on the floor for canopy. I run a humidifier while the lights are on. I average 79-81°F and 58-65% humidity during light (75, 58 during dark usually). I am running my air stone in tap water to remove chlorine, and then PHing (even made sure no chloramine in water by contacting supplier). No nutes or anything added. Seedlings are about 10 or so days old.

So any ideas whatsup with this struggling seedling? It's smaller than the other as well. I did notice even when germinating the tap root was slower on this seed. Both 207 genetics. First pic from this morning. 2nd pic from a few days ago. Third pic is plant that is doing well from this morning. Someone suggested maybe the ocean forest is still too much even tho I mixed it, and maybe this strain is more sensitive to it. Is it root burn maybe? Or was I on the right track w iron issues? How can I save this lady?

Attachments

• 20210729_053828.jpg
    20210729_053828.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • 20210727_061550.jpg
    20210727_061550.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210729_053831.jpg
    20210729_053831.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
It certainly looks like iron deficiency. It's going to take a while for the effects of any pH correction to show itself, maybe wait and see if the next set of leaves are yellow.
Fox Farms do state their soil is pH corrected. You could do the test they recommend on the Fox Farm site, just to see what the results may be:
How to Perform an At-Home Soil Slurry Test to Determine Soil pH and TDS

We recommend two slurries:

• A 1:1 slurry – mix 1 part soil to 1 part distilled water (by volume)
  • A 1:5 slurry – mix 1 part soil to 5 parts distilled water (by volume)
  • Thoroughly mix these slurries and allow them to sit for about 15 minutes
  • Once the soil particulates has settled, check the pH, (I would not worry about the TDS)

I would keep doing what you are doing and maybe start a new seed just in case. How old is the seedling?

It certainly looks like iron deficiency. It's going to take a while for the effects of any pH correction to show itself, maybe wait and see if the next set of leaves are yellow.
Fox Farms do state their soil is pH corrected. You could do the test they recommend on the Fox Farm site, just to see what the results may be:
How to Perform an At-Home Soil Slurry Test to Determine Soil pH and TDS

We recommend two slurries:

• A 1:1 slurry – mix 1 part soil to 1 part distilled water (by volume)
  • A 1:5 slurry – mix 1 part soil to 5 parts distilled water (by volume)
  • Thoroughly mix these slurries and allow them to sit for about 15 minutes
  • Once the soil particulates has settled, check the pH, (I would not worry about the TDS)

I would keep doing what you are doing and maybe start a new seed just in case. How old is the seedling?
About 10 days old or so. Thanks for responding. I did do a slurry test and it was 5.3 if I did it correctly. I guess I'm just freaking a bit. These are my first I've ever attempted if I didn't mention before lol. I hope you're right and it'll correct itself w the lower ph water. Still odd to me the other is doing fine but they are diff strains.

Back