Yellow stripes on leaves

Cookiemonster69

It's all in the wrist ;')
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I don't smoke!!!
Hi everyone hope everyone is well.

Firstly i would like to apologise for raising this question on an autoflower forum, ive looked for photoperiod sections but couldnt find any!

So ive been vegging a photoperiod outdoors since March/April this year. All was going well till around 2 weeks ago yellowing started to show on my fan leaves.

Its in soil and i water it twice everyday till run off. If i dont feed her at least once a day she starts to whilt. Ive been using tap water since seedling.

I am feeding her calmag and nitrogen twice a week.

Any clue what this yellowing indicates?

IMG_7090.jpeg
IMG_7091.jpeg

Is it just on the upper newer leaves or is it showing in the bottom/middle of the plant? If it's starting at the top I'd say you possibly have a P excess issue. Although I'm thinking you may be having an Mg lockout due to excess P or calcium. The excess P is causing problems as well as locking out the mg causing more issues. The mg lockout could be from the calcium as well, especially if your source water has a lot of ca already.

What's your feed schedule and what type of water are you using? I've found unless you are using RO and or coco calmag is usually not needed. In this case I would say it might be a good idea to hold off on the calmag

Is it just on the upper newer leaves or is it showing in the bottom/middle of the plant? If it's starting at the top I'd say you possibly have a P excess issue. Although I'm thinking you may be having an Mg lockout due to excess P or calcium. The excess P is causing problems as well as locking out the mg causing more issues. The mg lockout could be from the calcium as well, especially if your source water has a lot of ca already.

What's your feed schedule and what type of water are you using? I've found unless you are using RO and or coco calmag is usually not needed. In this case I would say it might be a good idea to hold off on the calmag
Suprisingly its starting from the middle and the top at the same time!

I water twice a day, and feed it nutes every 3 days or so. Nutes are calmag everytime, and nitrogen once a week. I use tap water. I havent been measuring my PPMs or PH as ive been watering like this for the past 3 months with absolutely no issues, literally not even a mm of burn on the pointys of my fanleaves. I only gave it P once around a month ago just a few drops of canna PK in the nutrient mix.

Its just 2 weeks ago it started throwing these yellows.

You could be right, could be lockout. Ima flush my soil properly and in the meantime buy a ph PPM pen, so i can at least dial in my numbers properly from now on!

I water twice a day, and feed it nutes every 3 days or so. Nutes are calmag everytime, and nitrogen once a week. I use tap water. I havent been measuring my PPMs or PH as ive been watering like this for the past 3 months with absolutely no issues, literally not even a mm of burn on the pointys of my fanleaves. I only gave it P once around a month ago just a few drops of canna PK in the nutrient mix.

You could be right, could be lockout. Ima flush my soil properly and in the meantime buy a ph PPM pen, so i can at least dial in my numbers properly from now on!
If you haven't been having issues up until now it could just be a cultivar specific issue. Every plant is different so the more variety you grow the more you have to pander to the weaker ones. Most of my grow issues stem from pH so I would say the ph and ppm pens would be a great place to start! I use BlueLabs I got as open box off eBay for a decent price. Been using them for years without issues, just get some storage solution and calibration liquids with it.

If you're using tap water you shouldn't need calmag, there should be plenty in your water already. Checking your local water report will be helpful to determine what's in there. My tap water comes out high, around like 250-300ppms so I use an RO system. If yours is anywhere at or below 150 I would say you have decent tap water and would use that as is personally. Calmag is such an oversold product that often times it causes issues rather than solve them from my own experience. As soon as I threw out the calmag and started pH'ing correctly most of my issues stopped.

Where you live, is it legal and/or simply common to grow plants outdoors where fully visible to many, such as all those in the apartments above your patio? [I'm envious]. In mine and neighboring now legal states (allowing limited personal growing) they make a big deal that outdoor plants can't be visible off the property. I can see easily getting away with plainly visible plants in rural areas, where have to drive up to someone's house, but not in high density urban areas.

Don't flush soil just start feeding a proper balanced nutes calmag by it's self is not. What are you using for nutes? :pass:

Back