Cocoloco
Supersoil
Light marine goo nutes
3 gal.
Full spectrum 600 watt led
Single spoiled plant in 2x2 tent.
78-85 degrees
50 ish humidity.

Now that she's grown a bit the spots are clearer. It's just the tips of the new leaves. Old leaves are fine. received_1723743844440535.jpegreceived_292317101909511.jpegreceived_654826358442369.jpeg

Maybe a little nute burn, if your ph is good it’s minor. Most of my leaves throughout the grow have some minor tip burn. Look like a healthy plant to me !!

I was thinking maybe she hit a hot spot. She's growing like crazy. Being a virgin at this, it's so great to get the feedback. :thanks: :pass:

That seems to be a combo of things.. Hard to say what exactly.. Im leaning towards over feeding, or like you said, a hot spot. Layering soils never made sense to me, unless growing a photo period, in a huge pot (like 30-45 gal). Im just assuming it was layered since that's how most super soils are used. Roots grow downward until they hit a stopping point, then they either wrap around, or prune themselves. The first place the roots will be hanging out, is most likely in the super soil layer/section. Coco loco is already heavily amended, so the combo of the two may be kicking in. There aren't many options once the plant is in the medium. It's much easier to add nutrients to a hungry plant, than it is to remove nutrients from the soil of an over fed plant. Especially with autos as they allow for zero recovery time.

I think I see a bit of micro-nutrient deficiency in the tops. Really hard to see in these pictures. That PH meter is not trustworthy. This could be too high a PH locking out the micros?

The plants look just into flower so I would try a foliar application of kelp 2parts, fulvic acid 5parts, B1, aminos and yucca. or Earth Juice Micro-Blast.

As to what you have in the soil, it is anybody's guess. You need a good PH soil probe to check the PH in the root zone. Get a Blue Lab Leap soil probe and meter or an Accurate 8 soil probe or the clone of it. Cheap ones just do not work.

Marine goo nutes? That is a new one on me can you elaborate please.

I think you're right and yes it was layered. A definate learning lesson. I didn't add as heavy of as mix as the manufacturer recommended because I knew I couldn't take it back out. I've just been watering with straight water no nutes added. Next grow I won't layer it. I just bought a compost tumbler for our yard. I'll just make my own compost and add tea as it needs.

Thank you!

I think I see a bit of micro-nutrient deficiency in the tops. Really hard to see in these pictures. That PH meter is not trustworthy. This could be too high a PH locking out the micros?

The plants look just into flower so I would try a foliar application of kelp 2parts, fulvic acid 5parts, B1, aminos and yucca. or Earth Juice Micro-Blast.

As to what you have in the soil, it is anybody's guess. You need a good PH soil probe to check the PH in the root zone. Get a Blue Lab Leap soil probe and meter or an Accurate 8 soil probe or the clone of it. Cheap ones just do not work.

Marine goo nutes? That is a new one on me can you elaborate please.
Thanks! That's a moisture sensor in the picture. I have my Ph meters in a box beside my tent. The moisture sensor is useless but I left it there because... Idk since I ignore it lol.
The nutes is a ground squid organic concentrate. I got it from my local hydroponics store. They said it was very mild. I have used it twice at half strength but not in the last 2 weeks.

I don't have a good soil probe so that will be the next purchase. I didn't think I would need it with a Ph balanced pre mix and then checking my water Ph.
IMG_20200627_105824.jpgIMG_20200627_105835.jpg

How do you tell the difference between nute burn and nute deficiency?

How do you tell the difference between nute burn and nute deficiency?
That is a really tough call that we try to make in the infirmary every day. Many excess nutrient problems looks just like a deficiency. That is why we have the form we ask peeps to fill out. Sometimes it is obvious they are over-feeding or are applying nutrients out of balance. Sometimes we just have to guess. This is a handy chart that can be helpful.

tox-lockout.jpg

I would just get some Mega Crop and use it. If you think you are "organic" the bio marine is not! Potassium sulfate is an inorganic chemical compound with a molecular formula of K2 SO4.

Thank you. This is great information. Also grr about the chemicals. Glad i only gave it twice at low levels.

Back