Indoor Who are the real experts.

I'll be trying to keep this short, if l can.
I've been growing for 2 years now and I'll tell you that I've screwed up everytime. First, I've really never had not one of the plants I've grown reach their full potential. For one, I've over loaded these plant with far too much neutrient at every stage of their growth. It is true that the photoperiods I've grown have been pretty good. I know now that photoperiods can take the higher strength nutrients. But, these were also burnt but not too bad.
I started growing autos for more then one reason. The quick turn around, they need less room, and the quality is still there.
I've been burning up my plants and didn't really know that I was. The buds were big and firm, had nice trichomes but had very little aroma. And my smoke after cure was harsh. It's not that I didn't read and try to apply what I learned, I did. Only recently have I become very interested in getting it right. I found Autoflower.net and some other growers that helped me be a better grower. By the way, for my own health needs. I will not take opioids. Ive lost two family members through opioid addiction after surgeries for pain management.
I have been using GH products for the entire time I've been growing. Until this last grow I used a schedule I found on line for the trio. Of course it was not very reliable. I would guess that GH would love for everyone to use the schedule on the bottles. If you do, you shouldnt use it on cannabis. You shouldnt use half.
What do I know about growing cannabis? Well, I'm pretty happy with the knowledge I'm finding on this forum. The one thing i have found is that some growers are pretty imaginative when it come to solving major problems like high temperatures or low humidity.
Thanks again for you guys, gals putting me on the right track. Might post some pics so you can see this grow. Not much on blowing my own horn. Id rather just enjoy the rewards in growing my own very effective medications

Why do I feel like we might be neighbors? 6 plant limit. HOT AF valley…California..,
We may be neighbors as I live in the F'in hot San Joaquin Valley of California. Not only is it going to be hot over the next week it is going to get very smokey from the fires :dammit:.

Lovely milky trichomes. That bud looks ready to chop. But, I like to use a microscope to check my buds in real detail. Inside them, not just sugar leaves. Sadly, I lost my android phone that I used for checking trichomes. Does not work with my iPhone.

What I like to do is put my light as far as I can raise it, full power, and let the plants grow into them. They will stretch a bit more, but, a small plant can yield as much as some of the bigger ones.

Practise lots of LST if you haven’t already. When you get LSTin done right, good genetics, you will eventually be left with a lot of tops.

My highest yield yet is 6oz from one plant in a 2x4. I just harvested her, and a stardawg that is 5oz that I also managed to cram into my closet. I will end up with around 16oz by the time my other girl finishes in there.

If you don’t use coco, I suggest you do. It requires much more feeding, but you can correct errors quicker. Because coco dries out much faster than soil.

With more feedings, you can achieve bigger plants. Make sure to cut out most nitrogen in flowering and provide P K. I’ve did this on my current girl and her buds are much fatter and fender than two other girls I did of the same strain/genetics.

If you feed too much nitrogen in flower they end up loose and Larfy. At least that’s what I’ve picked up this time around.

I grow in 15L pots. But my next run will be 11L or so to see if they finish quicker, and see what I can achieve from them.

This forum is superb, I research here a lot and YouTube. Doing this enables you to do trial and error.

My girls have been drying using different methods this time around to see which is best suited to me. Paper bags, drying box, etc.

You can check my girls here:

OR the fastbuds show and grow
Thanks for the reply. I have 4 Ilgm blueberry autos in this tent. These plants have been grown using GH neuts at 1/4 of what I have used in the past. The last post had a pic of the just beginning of trichomes. The difference in the trichomes now are interesting. Im not anxious about this grow. It will be what its going to be. I really am experimenting with neutrient strengths. I'm not ready to give up on General Hydroponics neutrients. Ive stopped asking for feeding schedules from others. I just want it to be as simple as possible. What i get from others is well, pretty complicated. This entire grow has been an experiment from the very beginning.
1. I've used nersury bags for the first time. Reason: I have had only fair results placing germinated seeds in the center of a five gal fabric pot, then judging how much water to use and where. I wanted to grow up my seedlings in a more controled environment and wanted to eliminate the possibility of transplant shock, which i did. The bags were a complete success. The plants, all 4 had roots growing through the bags and when I put them into their forever home they took off like a rocket.
2. My soil mix was changed. 60% Fox Farms OF, 25 % buffered coco coir, extra perlite and fresh worm casting about 15%. I used this same soil in the nersury bags. I also did not need to add any neutrients for the first 3 weeks.
3. With the introduction of airconditioned air into the grow tent I added a humidifier and maintained the levels needed for early veg stage and changed it as the grow needed.
4. I used the VPD to balance my temp and humidity.
5. I remove each plant one at a time to water when the bags feel ready for water. I water to runoff, about 10%. I measure the ph and ppm and it is exactly where i need it to be.
6. I did LST on all the plants. Some more then others because I wasnt certain that 4 healthy trained plants would fit in my 2x4x5 tent. They are really tight.
7. Each time I watered I did some defoliating. Not a drastic cut but strategicly removed fan leaves that would block bud development. I did notice that I had some internal bud development that really benefited from the increased light and air flow.
8. At week 5 I added a 2 inch layer of worm casting. Week 6 started flowering and by the end of week 7 the stretch was finished and the white hairs were everywhere. I'm in week 8 now and it looks like the pistils have doubled .
Im hoping that these buds will dense up and will be incredible

Attachments

• 20210828_094813.jpg
    20210828_094813.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 52
Why do I feel like we might be neighbors? 6 plant limit. HOT AF
:welcome: that's what its all about ,,growing your self the meds you need and enjoying the experience of doing it:toke:,,live stoners is always happy to see plant pictures posted:pighug:
This is one of 4. As I've said , not my first grow, but the first one that ive not burned up with too many nutrients. I can say that what ive grown have been pretty good but not great. This grow could change how i grow.
20210902_102602.jpg
20210902_102602.jpg

6 per person in AZ too.
10 per household.
It’s county based here. That’s why I thought MOG was a neighbor possibly. For instance, here in Los Angeles county, it’s 6 total at any stage per household for recreational. But if I go 1/2 mile into the next county, it’s 12.

The general rule of thumb is to feed autos 1/4 strength of the recommended dose. That should get you into the ballpark of where you need to be…..then you can tweak it from there. Hope it helps :pass:

6 per person in AZ too.
10 per household.
To tell you the truth, I was shocked they let the home growing part of the law pass. I would have put money on the government getting rid of that some how.

To tell you the truth, I was shocked they let the home growing part of the law pass. I would have put money on the government getting rid of that some how.
That’s the beauty of referendums.

Back