White Widow auto leaf tips becomes yellow/brown

Reaction score
Hi folks!

First, i'm sorry for my bad english, dont worry to tell me if you didnt understand something.

Here is my problem : i'm growing a single white widow auto (she has about 25 days since it germinated) and since 3 days the leaf tips become yellow then brown, from the bottom and it seems to spread slowly to the top (last leafs not damaged).

I think it appeared just after the first time i used nute (NPK : 3/5/6), like 2mL for 1L
Also, i do not water much but the soil seems to be always wet

Is it a symptom of one of those 2 things or maybe both ?

IMG_20180511_163733.jpg
IMG_20180511_163819.jpg

And here is a global photo taken this morning, she seems to be ok but i'm a bit worried. Thanks a lot !! :)
IMG_20180511_091103.jpg

If the soil seems wet, hold off on the water.
Hi folks!

First, i'm sorry for my bad english, dont worry to tell me if you didnt understand something.

Here is my problem : i'm growing a single white widow auto (she has about 25 days since it germinated) and since 3 days the leaf tips become yellow then brown, from the bottom and it seems to spread slowly to the top (last leafs not damaged).

I think it appeared just after the first time i used nute (NPK : 3/5/6), like 2mL for 1L

View attachment 904918 View attachment 904919

And here is a global photo taken this morning, she seems to be ok but i'm a bit worried. Thanks a lot !! :)
View attachment 904920

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Hi folks!

View attachment 904918 View attachment 904919

View attachment 904920
Probably giving it too much water. What nutrients are you using? Also, what kind of soil?

The reason I ask is because most potting soils are already enriched with enough nutrients to feed a plant for a couple months. If you are using a good quality soil then you may not need to give extra nutrients at this time.

In my experience, a gallon (4 liters) will keep a medium sized plant watered for 3 to 4 days. Make sure your container has plenty of holes for the excess water to drain from or you will increase your chances of developing root rot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Probably giving it too much water. What nutrients are you using? Also, what kind of soil?

The reason I ask is because most potting soils are already enriched with enough nutrients to feed a plant for a couple months. If you are using a good quality soil then you may not need to give extra nutrients at this time.

In my experience, a gallon (4 liters) will keep a medium sized plant watered for 3 to 4 days. Make sure your container has plenty of holes for the excess water to drain from or you will increase your chances of developing root rot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey, as i said it was the first time i gave it nutrient , i dont even know why i did that because she was doing great, maybe i was too high lool. I feel shameful to say that but i used bonsai nutrient haha
About soil components : Coco, shpagnum moss, brown peat, composted bark, manure, mycorrhizae, green compost, 2 ornanic fertilizer (11/0/0 and 4/4/4) so as u say it's probably enough for the whole growth

I use a 10L container, which has holes and i use like 1L of water every 2 days since it is bigger but everytime at least 1/4 of the water is drained by holes and as i said the soil is never dry so i don't know if white widow is like a desert plant but anyway next time ill wait for the soil to dry on at least 5cm

Thank's for your help :)

Let her dry out and don't use Bonsai ferts. If you cant/don't want to use Canna ferts(I use 'PM Ol'timers', then get some tomato feed...Cal/mag may be advisable too (for early flowering stage). Each plant is different but, Canna is quite resilient...but dosent like to be overwatered (or over fed with dubious npk). When she is dry/looking thirsty check the pot weight before watering/feeding and check the pot weight again after! You'll then have an idea of when she needs a drink next time. Also use a PH pen when mixing your feed and test the run off (excess water/feed that drains from the pot) to check whether the medium she is in is within tolerance levels! She looks ok atm, but I bet her root system is still developing...I doubt she needs ferts/nutes for abit. All the best and enjoy!:pass::meds:

Let her dry out and don't use Bonsai ferts. If you cant/don't want to use Canna ferts(I use 'PM Ol'timers', then get some tomato feed...Cal/mag may be advisable too (for early flowering stage). Each plant is different but, Canna is quite resilient...but dosent like to be overwatered (or over fed with dubious npk). When she is dry/looking thirsty check the pot weight before watering/feeding and check the pot weight again after! You'll then have an idea of when she needs a drink next time. Also use a PH pen when mixing your feed and test the run off (excess water/feed that drains from the pot) to check whether the medium she is in is within tolerance levels! She looks ok atm, but I bet her root system is still developing...I doubt she needs ferts/nutes for abit. All the best and enjoy!:pass::meds:
What you say is that tomato feed gives Ca/Mg ?

Thank you all i'll follow your advices, you reassured me! It feels good compared to some forums, especially french where ppl just say to grow regular seeds when you ask advices for an auto haha

No, tomato feed is a basic, easy to get fert (cheap, but generally has a reasonable enough npk to feed a Canna plant. I would still buy some proper canna nutes though!). Cal/Mag is something that is quite often needed in the early to mid flowering cycle. So I meant that you may like to purchase some, for a rainy day (as we say in the UK!:yeah:).:toke:

Back