Harvest & Curing When do you jar your buds?

DankDoctor420

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cheese Quake
Do you wait right before stems snap or do you wait til the stems snap? I read and watch videos with mixed reviews. Some say wait til the main stems snap but not break in half. Others say jar right before that. When I jar too early I get hay smell and tasting weed. Trying to prevent that and also prevent from over drying which can kill the cure and destroy terps and make for a harsh smoke. How do y'all know when it's time to jar your buds?

I wait till it smokes well then put it in a jar. If anything, a tad wet to see how it ‘evens out’, the moisture through the buds over a day or so, if needs more dry, let it dry a little more. I don’t know anything scientific on terps and moisture.

I was using a turkey roast bag, let the buds dry in a prettey much sealed tent with minimal airflow, threw them in the bags when the stems were about to snap, leave it open/ish for a day or 2 with a boveda in untill the moiisture is even, stems snap, then jar, better just leaving it in the bag with a boveda though, aslong as you keep it even humidity from there, golden. About to try some grove bag's, the turkey roasts do tend to get a bit dry after a while, if your smoking from them, which i was, not much yeild over here :)

Back