Indoor what type of heater for a tent in a garage over the winter

@Be4u

I was under the impression that it does not matter how big my tent is and I don't need to fill it all up with lights. I thought I could 4 plants in the middle, hang an autocob above each one, and lighting coverage would be fine. Are you saying that is not a correct assumption and I need to reduce the tent size to a 4x4 to have an effective grow? Or increase the cobs? Neither option doable at this point, but if this is super critical important then i would like at this.

Nope. Just put reflectors on the cobs and you will be fine in your 8x8 with 4 cobs mate. One reflected cob above one plant WILL grow a decent plant and it will produce well if grown right.

@Be4u

I was under the impression that it does not matter how big my tent is and I don't need to fill it all up with lights. I thought I could 4 plants in the middle, hang an autocob above each one, and lighting coverage would be fine. Are you saying that is not a correct assumption and I need to reduce the tent size to a 4x4 to have an effective grow? Or increase the cobs? Neither option doable at this point, but if this is super critical important then i would like at this.
I agree with hippy71, if you had it full you would need more light but 1 per plant is good. You don't need a tent that big for 4 but fine. Some people don't use tents so in this case size doesn't matter lol. Ask @BigSm0 he can tell you better than I.

What size is your room/garage? Attached or detached?

I'v been growing in a detached for a few years now.. might be able to give a few ideas.

I typically partially/fully exhaust back inside garage when it's below ~45*F, add a 1500w oil filled radiator or two when necessary. I'm running a 4x4 and 3x3, both 600w now. When colder the 1K gets swapped into the 4x4. I couldn't run LED's without more insulation and a better heat source. In summer here it's still too hot for LED unless I run ac.. which aint happening. I just stick a few in the veggies.

I'm just saying what I'd do. I'm new here but been doing this a little bit.
You have done wise with these cobs but they are weak.
I understand your grow now. To match your 1200hps you'll needs 8 cobs but you'll be just fine with four, get reflectors!
This is all my opinion.

I use one of these in the winter with a digital thermostat.
1000041179.jpg

A watt is equal to 3.41 btu no matter what it’s coming from. Less wattage will have lower temps. If your planning on having cooler temps you can add in anything to raise the wattage. Cfl’s And screw in leds will add up to increase temps if needed while adding more light so it’s not one sided like a heater is. When I start my tent up in winter I line the walls in ridged insulation and cover it with drop cloths. Between the cobs and dehumidifier the temps are within the safe zone.

BigSmo, staying on topic so we can either learn or figure it out together. What's the 'safe zone' on the cold side? I've never noticed a difference when temps got freezing and lights off, using aquarium heater. Which leads me to...

I k.i.s.s because I know from both sides and being elaborate is a waste of time and money. When I finally pounded it in my head that it's a weed I just gorilla grow and get the same results as a fancy grow op.

The lights your providing people are grow-op gold. People are going to do good with one light per plant, I've done good with less. Grow tents arnt ment for low light grows, they dont have room for the stretch. Now your training and the single cob can't keep up.

OP, imho, save the money from buying a heater/paying the electricity and get another cob or two. (But use aquarium heaters)

I use one of these in the winter with a digital thermostat.
View attachment 813715
I have 1 very similar in my basement just got from my mom lol. Its from wally world we will see how good they work nothing heats my basement as of yet. I think this style will work good tho, I have high hopes hahaha. Not for tent just so it not cold. Like 53° in basement I've seen it. Damn... Shit... and That is Wack!!!! LOL.

BigSmo, staying on topic so we can either learn or figure it out together. What's the 'safe zone' on the cold side? I've never noticed a difference when temps got freezing and lights off, using aquarium heater. Which leads me to...

I k.i.s.s because I know from both sides and being elaborate is a waste of time and money. When I finally pounded it in my head that it's a weed I just gorilla grow and get the same results as a fancy grow op.

The lights your providing people are grow-op gold. People are going to do good with one light per plant, I've done good with less. Grow tents arnt ment for low light grows, they dont have room for the stretch. Now your training and the single cob can't keep up.

OP, imho, save the money from buying a heater/paying the electricity and get another cob or two. (But use aquarium heaters)
Ya, adding a cob or 2 is better but I was just giving a cheaper quick fix. I have 1 more light I could add which if going to use the electricity might as well put more light on them. Don't think I'll need tho temps.are good now mid 70's.

This has peaked my interest
7812ec48a779300d99c128efe2897e0f.jpg

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Back