Grow Mediums What is the latest day you can fim?

McDee

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I have 2 Sour Bubblin Crack, 2 Skywalker, and 2 Grape Crinkle. 17-20 days sbc's starting 5th node, 1 skywalker is deformed other is starting 4th node, and GC's on 4th nodes. Thing is they are small look good but small. 3gal fabric pots in coco. Grape Crinkle looks little weird like leaf lettuce. Should I leave them go? Temps were cold first 13 days I think that may be my problem any thoughts would be awesome.

If they are small FIMming will only keep them that way ... pics always help but generally I find letting a small plant run it's course to be a good course of action ...

If they are small FIMming will only keep them that way ... pics always help but generally I find letting a small plant run it's course to be a good course of action ...
Ya that's what I thought too, let me see if I can get a pic uploaded. I know fimming will slow the vertical and make her more bushy, would it hurt it since she is already small? Worried they may be to far into veg to start. Wanted to wait for them to get little bigger before but don't want them to close to flower.

Last edited:
Sometimes you just have to accept smaller plants ... when you get smaller plants it can be the seed but that is rare .... generally the grower screwed up somewhere .... when I get small plants I try to keep them healthy and determine what I did wrong to stunt the plants potential ... generally I super crop my grows once or twice to achieve a suitable canopy ... I think super cropping is less stressful to a small plant ....
:toke:
http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-super-crop-marijuana

20170226_134022.jpg
20170226_134004.jpg
20170226_133834.jpg
20170226_133845.jpg
Went in the coco the 5th, GC came up on 6th and 9th. Skywalker and SBC in between. They look shorter than I would think. The GC on the 9th had shell stuck had to remove it. Took another few days to open its leaves.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about growing in coco ... If they were mine I'd just let them grow ...

@Mcdee - You can fim or top after the third or fourth node, you are in a position to do it but I wouldn't wait too long to do it.

@Mcdee - You can fim or top after the third or fourth node, you are in a position to do it but I wouldn't wait too long to do it.
I guess my question is at what point will it be too late? Say for example after day 25 its to late because it won't recover in time, or is there no time limit?

I have two plants going that I just pinched on their 37th day ... trying to get the rest of the canopy to catch up ... the plants are well into flower ... re. FIMing ... I wouldn't do it once you have signs of flowering ...

Pinched the cola on each of these two last week ... Think Big ...

I have two plants going that I just pinched on their 37th day ... trying to get the rest of the canopy to catch up ... the plants are well into flower ... re. FIMing ... I wouldn't do it once you have signs of flowering ...

Pinched the cola on each of these two last week
Great job, they look amazing bro! So I have this correct I can fim them if they are in pre flower but not once they flower. Would it be beneficial to do now even if they are only 4-5 inches tall? Still learning about fimming auto's want to wait like a week so like day 27-28 so they were as big as I could get them before fimming. Do you think they look small for their age? Have been hearing how mephisto plants are monster so was shocked so far.

Back