Outdoor What happened???!!!!!!!

I'm a simple person (...stop it aunty!!)

Your leaves look droopy ... droopy leaves mostly means under watered or OVER watered.
You had a storm, and your in ground plants are fine .. but the in pot one is not.

The pot is not light so doesn't need watering
The pot is heavy so has lots of water in it.

It's best not to "ass"ume (lol ..), but I think it looks incredibly like an overwatered plant.

I would elevate it off the ground , make sure your pot has drainage holes .. and leave it to get lighter.

How quickly it all went to hell! Started breaking down my second blueberry muffin and quickly realized that it had all gotten bud rot. A whole 8 foot plant with giant buds right in the trash barrel!!!!!! Two big rain storms and over half my harvest GONE! I wouldn’t say I’m heartbroken, but close! Two of the people I grow for are going through chemo and have compromised immune systems anyway so I had to chuck the whole mess. Well, there’s always indoor. next year I need to figure out something . Maybe get an easy up tent and throw them under it when it’s gonna really pour. People have been growing outside for a millennia there has to be a way to keep your flowers from rotting.

I grow outdoor all year...in pots... if the weather assists.

Touch Wood....I never get mold......................But.....I don't Fert much............ you can't Rev them up like indoor plants.
Transpiration is slower outdoor...

The only time I Really Worry is if I see a cold wet patch coming and the pots get water-logged...over head cover Would help..... :headbang:

After the plants were chopped I went into the pots to see what I could see. The roots looked a little brown and rotted in some spots. Waterlogged root balls I would say. Next year I need to figure out a way to cover the tops of the pots during heavy rain events to keep them from getting too saturated. Or just plant directly into the ground. I had a great time doing my first photoperiods outdoors this year. Fun and challenging. Mostly because of the fall weather. New England outdoor growing season isn’t ideal. But some folks pull it off every year without major disasters happening.I’m sure growing an early flowering/ finishing strain would help too. No 15 week sativa LoL

NE is a cold, wet, and damp place pretty early in the fall. Perhaps getting them started indoors around Feb/March so they have several weeks head start before going outside? I know flowering is going to depend on the light shift as the season gets later. Might run out of summer before they are done no matter when you start them. Build a light deprivation cover and trick them a bit sooner?

Perhaps some of the quicker finishing strains would work better? Something like the F1 "Fast" versions from Sweet Seeds would work? They are not auto but not full photo either. Just an idea.

EDIT: I once lived in the NE area and I remember having to scrape my windshield in the morning before work at the end of August!

Shoot I forgot to include the link:

Back