What do you do with your extra flower?

olegren

stuck in my cabana, living on bananas and blow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Lil' Wild Lamb (Beaver Genetics)
This feels like a stupid question to ask, but I don't want to do anything to harm my worms.

I have too much flower (approaching legal limit), so I've come to the difficult conclusion that I might as well start dumping stuff I know I'll never use or manage to give away before I accumulate even more. I cook some of my lower quality stuff down, but I have about 5 oz. of one specimen from a much earlier grow that I have decided to just get rid of. What do you all do with excess flower?

My first instinct was to dump it in the worm bin. A quick google search isn't turning up much on the topic (Found one old topic from 2009), so I wanted to check here first. I can't imagine it would harm them, right? Thanks in advance for any insights or alternate ideas!

Personally I make hash with anything I'm not gonna smoke as flower. The instructions with my worm bin said not to feed them canna but I'm not sure I believe that :smoking:More research needed:pass:

Personally I make hash with anything I'm not gonna smoke as flower. The instructions with my worm bin said not to feed them canna but I'm not sure I believe that :smoking:More research needed:pass:
My worms seem to like my trimmed fans just fine... Whether the buds would be tasty to them might be a separate question. :biggrin:

This feels like a stupid question to ask, but I don't want to do anything to harm my worms.

I have too much flower (approaching legal limit), so I've come to the difficult conclusion that I might as well start dumping stuff I know I'll never use or manage to give away before I accumulate even more. I cook some of my lower quality stuff down, but I have about 5 oz. of one specimen from a much earlier grow that I have decided to just get rid of. What do you all do with excess flower?

My first instinct was to dump it in the worm bin. A quick google search isn't turning up much on the topic (Found one old topic from 2009), so I wanted to check here first. I can't imagine it would harm them, right? Thanks in advance for any insights or alternate ideas!
I'd make rosin, and then use the rosin to make concentrated oil tincture, but that requires a press. If you don't have, don't want, or can't get a press, I would just infuse it directly. I don't know what legal limits you are trying to comply with though, so I don't know if converting to tincture would help.

Good luck with it. :goodluck::pighug:

First world problem!!! :biggrin:
Hash for sure for me.I work to damn hard on my tents to throw away the yield. 5 oz is not a lot. Can't believe you don't have friends that could use that weed.

Thanks for the insights folks. I’ll hold off on feeding to the worms for now. I might just bake some extra potent cookies and freeze them; or maybe research hash since I didn’t think of that one. There’s nothing wrong with the stuff I’m trying to get rid of - it just got over dried.

Laws here are a little weird. We can have 1 oz for personal use but are also allowed to grow up to 4 plants at a time. Anything under 1lb is just a $25 fine. Over that jumps back into felony territory, so I am being extra cautious.

First world problem!!! :biggrin:
Hash for sure for me.I work to damn hard on my tents to throw away the yield. 5 oz is not a lot. Can't believe you don't have friends that could use that weed.

I know what you mean. I really don’t want to be wasteful. At the same time, I’ve given several ounces of stuff away to the people I know who partake - and baked several batches of 20-40mg cookies to give away. I started writing down all the names of people who know I grow, and I got a little uneasy by the time I got to twenty. even though it’s legal it feels like a security risk. All that to say: trying to tread a little more lightly so far as advertising that I grow.

There is no “extra” bud ever, lol . Hash is the first thing that comes to mind. Make butter? Get an air and liquid proof container and bury in corner of back yard? Christmas (belated) presents to your friends or… have a huge party and have a community container full that people can dip into… I never waste it. Extraction for concentrates would be my route!

If you've got a lot and aren't into making hash/rosin type stuff. you could make a ferment to feed your plants with. Pretty much what I do with the smalls and leaf trimmings. Weigh your green stuff. Mix with an equal weight of brown sugar or molasses. Put in an equal size jar. Add a weight to the top of the mixture. Put a breathable cover on the jar. Let it sit for a couple weeks. Run it through a strainer and you've got a great nutrient to add to your blooming plants. Add like 3 mil to a gallon. Look up FPE, FPJ, Korean Natural Farming(knf) You can use trimmings from veg to make a veg nutrient.

I turned mine into dry sift hash lol :baked:

If you have a trim bin or something with a fine screen, crumble it up as fine as possible over it, rub it around and give it some love taps so all them tricomes fall through. Then you can take the crumbled buds leftover and add to the worm bin

If you've got a lot and aren't into making hash/rosin type stuff. you could make a ferment to feed your plants with. Pretty much what I do with the smalls and leaf trimmings. Weigh your green stuff. Mix with an equal weight of brown sugar or molasses. Put in an equal size jar. Add a weight to the top of the mixture. Put a breathable cover on the jar. Let it sit for a couple weeks. Run it through a strainer and you've got a great nutrient to add to your blooming plants. Add like 3 mil to a gallon. Look up FPE, FPJ, Korean Natural Farming(knf) You can use trimmings from veg to make a veg nutrient.

What a cool idea. Thanks for this - I’m gonna read up on it!
I turned mine into dry sift hash lol :baked:

If you have a trim bin or something with a fine screen, crumble it up as fine as possible over it, rub it around and give it some love taps so all them tricomes fall through. Then you can take the crumbled buds leftover and add to the worm bin

This seems way better than just tossing chunks in. Thanks!

Back