Well, I killed it

@TommyinCville it looks like the trichomes are all cloudy in the picture, so yes you can harvest. Before you do you can try fertigating with a tablespoon of molasses/gallon to see if you can improve the terpene profile. I use Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy 2 weeks prior to harvest and molasses the last week. I don't think you want to wait 2 weeks so just the molasses will do and give it a few days.

You really should not flush soil, it usually causes more problems than it solves because soluble nutrients get flushed easily and the more durable minerals remain behind. This gets the pot even further out of balance than it was to begin with.

When my plants look like yours it is usually from the environment getting too hot and the RH too low. There are other things that can cause the same look so diagnosing from pictures is a crap shoot at best. When you say that there is not much fragrence to the plants that leads me to believe it is this too hot too low RH you could be looking at.

The other thing to think about is how you water. What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering. Make sure there is an air gap under your pot, you do not want runoff to be reabsorbed and if no air then anaerobic microbes can grow. This is a cause of root rot. Coco can be fertigate many times a day if you want to continually present fresh balanced nutrients to the roots. Begin fertigation 2 hours after lights on and end it 2 hours before lights out.

It is not easy being mother nature.

:toke:
I'll try the molasses. I've been going by the weight of the pot but letting it get pretty dry. It's still cool here and it was in a tent with a heat mat set to 80f.

I'll try the molasses. I've been going by the weight of the pot but letting it get pretty dry. It's still cool here and it was in a tent with a heat mat set to 80f.
After germination you don't want the roots warmer than the ambient temperature of the air. It is very likely you have some hydrophobic zones in the pot. After you harvest dissect the soil by cutting it in half from top to bottom and examine the root ball. It may tell a story of why the plant was having a hard time getting enough nutrition.

After germination you don't want the roots warmer than the ambient temperature of the air. It is very likely you have some hydrophobic zones in the pot. After you harvest dissect the soil by cutting it in half from top to bottom and examine the root ball. It may tell a story of why the plant was having a hard time getting enough nutrition.
A few days after one watering with molasses I can see and smell a difference. Wow

Back