weird problems. Some infection or what? *Solved* was the fan..

Reaction score
I have had this weird problem with few plants now, first this happened first to one crystal meth from fastbuds. I thought it was just faulty genes, so i pulled it off and put a new one in the pot.

IMG_3335.JPG

Now the one i(think i) put on the same pot/soil has been growing kinda the same but worse:

IMG_3369.JPG

And another one has been showing similar issues, but as badly(i shared some of the soil with this pot and with others that are just fine), and no i havent topped that or done anything else to it, it just started to grow like that few days ago.

IMG_3366.JPG

It seems like it could be some sort of infection, but i couldnt find anything that looks like that from internet. But could it be just some bad genes? I have one more of this strain growing, which looks as healthy as can be. But they are self made seeds using pollen from a male that was incredibly stressed and its pollen didnt seem to be very fertile, so far i only found these 3 seeds and was hoping for a male, but the one that is ok just started flowering and is a female :/

Any oher ideas of what this could be? I have some issues with too low humidity, which can dip to 20's if i havent recently watered or sprayed water in the tent.

Soil is a mix of all mix and biobizz coco with FLO nutrients(organic slow release that has been mixed with soil) and i have given them a bit of biobizz root juice, bio heaven, AN rhino skin and very little of quanokalong taste improver.

Here is the 3rd one that just started flowering for reference:
IMG_3367.JPG

I also have 3 other plants(different strain) day younger looking just fine and 2 that have been flowering for few weeks, grown in same conditions, so i doubt the soil mix(giving wrong amounts of nutrients) or low humidity are the issues.

That looks like a virus (there are several that look like that). Once it is in the soil only very high heat can kill it. Best to just throw the pot, soil and all away. Spores can spread to other pots so do not hesitate. Wash all equipment with bleach. Wipe down as many surfaces as you can with bleach. Watch to see if it spreads to other pots before introducing new pots to the tent.

That looks like a virus (there are several that look like that). Once it is in the soil only very high heat can kill it. Best to just throw the pot, soil and all away. Spores can spread to other pots so do not hesitate. Wash all equipment with bleach. Wipe down as many surfaces as you can with bleach. Watch to see if it spreads to other pots before introducing new pots to the tent.

Fuck, that was not what i was hoping to hear :/

Do you know how infectious these viruses are? These 3 plants i have are the only ones in the genetic line and i was hoping to get a male. Do you think it would be a bad idea to keep the healthier one in another room in case it turns out to be male and use its pollen? I know the seeded plant will likely get the virus, but i would be willing to risk losing one plant if i manage to get some seeds from it, but not really risk losing all plants i have now or if there is high chance of seeds not developing properly or virus being passed down with the seeds.

The worse one i will definitely get rid of asap. Its just a shame i just bought a set of good pots and made a pretty expensive living soil i was planning to partly reuse..

Fuck, that was not what i was hoping to hear :/

Do you know how infectious these viruses are? These 3 plants i have are the only ones in the genetic line and i was hoping to get a male. Do you think it would be a bad idea to keep the healthier one in another room in case it turns out to be male and use its pollen? I know the seeded plant will likely get the virus, but i would be willing to risk losing one plant if i manage to get some seeds from it, but not really risk losing all plants i have now or if there is high chance of seeds not developing properly or virus being passed down with the seeds.

The worse one i will definitely get rid of asap. Its just a shame i just bought a set of good pots and made a pretty expensive living soil i was planning to partly reuse..
Not everything in living soil is good for plants. Without tissue sampling it is very difficult to determine what the virus strain is. Sorry but many virus will be passed on through the seed. When you make soil you need to cook it in a compost pile. It should reach an internal temperature above 160°F and turned so all of the material gets that hot. Even at that some virus can still survive. Commercial soil is often steam injected to sanitize it before living microbes are introduced. Not easy at home.

Not everything in living soil is good for plants. Without tissue sampling it is very difficult to determine what the virus strain is. Sorry but many virus will be passed on through the seed. When you make soil you need to cook it in a compost pile. It should reach an internal temperature above 160°F and turned so all of the material gets that hot. Even at that some virus can still survive. Commercial soil is often steam injected to sanitize it before living microbes are introduced. Not easy at home.

Well its not really a proper outdoor living soil, but this product mixed with biobizz soil and coco:

I guess i wont be making seeds with that plant then :/ Maybe its time to try colloidal silver on the healthy one and make some fem'd 6.25%northern lights/6.25%matanuska tundra/12.5%low ryder/25%blackberry kush/50%chemdogging seeds. Its just that i wanted to fem at F2 only..

:toke: - something is genetically fraggy, this crinkle leaf is a fairly common one; usually the plants are sickly and weak... So is the odd color break... Viral infections can cause this, but so can other things, some like mentioned, are genetic... the problem is that with a viral one, a) there's no fixing it; b) they are very infectious; c) there's only one way to confirm it using a special type of test kit or sending it in to a lab... No one kit will tell you what virus it is either, they are very specific, so if you test for one type, and get a negative, you're hardly out of the woods, all you know is that it probably not that specific virus,... very $$ tests too BTW, and difficult to use/easy to fuck up,.... Agdia is the company for self test kits...
I'd wave these in FastBud's face and see what they say,...

:toke: - something is genetically fraggy, this crinkle leaf is a fairly common one; usually the plants are sickly and weak... So is the odd color break... Viral infections can cause this, but so can other things, some like mentioned, are genetic... the problem is that with a viral one, a) there's no fixing it; b) they are very infectious; c) there's only one way to confirm it using a special type of test kit or sending it in to a lab... No one kit will tell you what virus it is either, they are very specific, so if you test for one type, and get a negative, you're hardly out of the woods, all you know is that it probably not that specific virus,... very $$ tests too BTW, and difficult to use/easy to fuck up,.... Agdia is the company for self test kits...
I'd wave these in FastBud's face and see what they say,...

Yea testing isnt really an option and since its just a hobby, i dont see using money to find out. The thing is that only the first one was from fastbuds, other two are made with my own genetics from back in the days male pollinating(with pollen grown in as stressful environment as can be and stored for a while) blackberry kush from dutch passion. Pollen was only fertile enough for 4 seeds(one seed i accidentally broke :/ ) even tho i pollinated 2 branches on 2 plants. So it could be a coincidence with bad genes, who knows.

But how infectious are some of these viruses? I heard back in the days that its possible to get some infection from handling loose tobacco ans then your plants. Which i have done..

Most are highly virulent! At the orchid farm I used to work at, it was MANDATORY that cutting tools be flame blasted before using on another plant, some go so far was to do it after every cut, period,.... but then, they aren't buying new ones for us, and the flame fragg's the metal tempering very quickly, ruining the scissors especially...
Viruses are well documented to jump infections into other species they are not normally adapted/associated to,...

I figured out what this was!

My fan was too near, it did not blow directly on them, which is why i didnt think of it. Instead i had it really close and blowing directly away from these plants and the strong stream of wind going in the fan was doing this. I started to have similar signs again with plant on same spot, after i turned off the fan, it got better instantly.

I figured out what this was!

My fan was too near, it did not blow directly on them, which is why i didnt think of it. Instead i had it really close and blowing directly away from these plants and the strong stream of wind going in the fan was doing this. I started to have similar signs again with plant on same spot, after i turned off the fan, it got better instantly.
Wow I never would have guessed that in a million years! What do they look like now?

Back