Vinegar As An Effective Edible Solvent

Boveda

AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Hey friends & growers!

I've been legally growing my medicine for almost a year now and currently have a nice rotational harvest thing going. Over the past 4 months I've harvested one plant every 2 to 3 weeks. As you can imagine, Boveda is my best friend! I'm now able to have a bit of a medicine cabinet filling up.

I save all of the smaller leaf trimmings for edible oil or topical, as well as all of the small popcorn buds.
They really add up so last harvest I decided to start doing something with those small branches that saves me time & collects as much medicine as I can. I didn't even cut the popcorn buds off, but put those bottom branches into the jar with this white vinegar. That way all terps, oils, resins, and cannabinoids will be collected into the vinegar.

I recently went to an herbalist class and vinegar as a solvent is very common. I've also used other buds in Apple Cider Vinegar which has its own medicinal and anti microbial properties.

I figure I'll do this for a while and use it for pickling or just dose in water and down it. I only wish I could test it for strength.
Vinegar.jpg

Hey friends & growers!

I've been legally growing my medicine for almost a year now and currently have a nice rotational harvest thing going. Over the past 4 months I've harvested one plant every 2 to 3 weeks. As you can imagine, Boveda is my best friend! I'm now able to have a bit of a medicine cabinet filling up.

I save all of the smaller leaf trimmings for edible oil or topical, as well as all of the small popcorn buds.
They really add up so last harvest I decided to start doing something with those small branches that saves me time & collects as much medicine as I can. I didn't even cut the popcorn buds off, but put those bottom branches into the jar with this white vinegar. That way all terps, oils, resins, and cannabinoids will be collected into the vinegar.

I recently went to an herbalist class and vinegar as a solvent is very common. I've also used other buds in Apple Cider Vinegar which has its own medicinal and anti microbial properties.

I figure I'll do this for a while and use it for pickling or just dose in water and down it. I only wish I could test it for strength.View attachment 937152
I am very curious about this!! I'm in the UK and if I can put that on my chips, I would be very happy.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

That's a great idea. If you're medically legal in your state and you probably have Labs that will test it for you. In Washington we got about a dozen. I test my tinctures but I never thought about testing while I've never done vinegar.

I am very curious about this!! I'm in the UK and if I can put that on my chips, I would be very happy.

Yes! You could use other vinegars as well!

This might be a way to get me to eat salad. Be intersted to see how it turns out.

Ooh basalmic vinager with THC?! Or white vinegar, Frank's hot sauce and chicken wings. The recipes are limitless.

Back