Unsure if this is a deficiency or toxicity. Maybe neither?

Reaction score
Hey there guys! I'm in need of a little assistance. So I just upgraded my light today and alas now I see some issues on my plants now that everything doesn't look purple lol.
So most of what I see is on older leaves but a couple of them aren't that old maybe a couple weeks. There's discoloration, some random holes that look like a burn hole and the tips of many leaves are crispy but not bad at all. The older leaves in the picture have a really bad burn on the tips though. From what I've read could this be a calcium toxicity?

My set up is 4 P.P.D autos from HSC in 5 gal fabric pots. I'm in the middle of week 6. My soil mixture is the bottom 1/3 is Nature's Living Soil and Ocean Forest, middle is Ocean Forest and Happy frog and the top is all happy frog. I water with tap (hence why I think it's calcium toxicity). I've only done one instant compost tea about three weeks ago other than that is been just water that I have Phd to 6.3-6.5. I have had some issues with my VPD going too high. Sometimes I catch it around 1.5 but most of the time I have it around 1.2-1.3. I'm in a second story apartment so my temps are at the mercy of my downstairs neighbor. Once I get better equipment to keep it regulated I won't have to worry about that.
Anyways, I'm thankful for any and all advice I can get!

Attachments

• IMG_20220805_175845663.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20220805_175911981.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20220805_181839815.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220805_181854555.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220805_175837210.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 31
Hey there guys! I'm in need of a little assistance. So I just upgraded my light today and alas now I see some issues on my plants now that everything doesn't look purple lol.
So most of what I see is on older leaves but a couple of them aren't that old maybe a couple weeks. There's discoloration, some random holes that look like a burn hole and the tips of many leaves are crispy but not bad at all. The older leaves in the picture have a really bad burn on the tips though. From what I've read could this be a calcium toxicity?

My set up is 4 P.P.D autos from HSC in 5 gal fabric pots. I'm in the middle of week 6. My soil mixture is the bottom 1/3 is Nature's Living Soil and Ocean Forest, middle is Ocean Forest and Happy frog and the top is all happy frog. I water with tap (hence why I think it's calcium toxicity). I've only done one instant compost tea about three weeks ago other than that is been just water that I have Phd to 6.3-6.5. I have had some issues with my VPD going too high. Sometimes I catch it around 1.5 but most of the time I have it around 1.2-1.3. I'm in a second story apartment so my temps are at the mercy of my downstairs neighbor. Once I get better equipment to keep it regulated I won't have to worry about that.
Anyways, I'm thankful for any and all advice I can get!
From what Ive read it looks like the start of nitrogen deficiency. Could be something else but thats how it starts, from the edges in, turning yellow then eventually curling and dying off.

From what Ive read it looks like the start of nitrogen deficiency. Could be something else but thats how it starts, from the edges in, turning yellow then eventually curling and dying off.
I just did a little more research and you could be right! Do you think bringing back the compost tea will help?

Back