Trichromes turn?

Reaction score
Hello Folks, I have a girl, strawberry banana auto from Fastbuds, and at 13 weeks she still has pure white trichromes. Has anyome else grown this strain amd had this experience? I am new to autos and always had success with catching the harvest at the right time.
I also noticed more larger pistols growing at this late stage. Should I waot until they turn brown then harvest? I have read some strains trichromes dont turn, is this one of them?
I have added a few pictures. Thank you so much for reading this and any help is much appreciated.
20240906_160754.jpg
20240906_160758.jpg
20240906_160825.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question... does anyone half harvest their auto plants? I did that in the past with photos and I dont know if it will work with autos. Ty

Your are very lucky if your plant has essentially all white trichomes; to me that seems ideal (all high THC, no immature or oxidized trichomes). If essentially all are white, I'd harvest it. Usually you have to wait for some brown in order to get a higher percentage white. [But get other more expert opinions].

Maybe post some microphotographs. What is interpreted as white by some to others might still be clear.

Of course you can partially harvest - remove buds/branches mature to your liking and leave the rest to mature more.

@not_qty ....

When you have loaded your photos....

Screenshot_20240908-110858.png

Press the Insert button on the photo..it will give you two options...press the Full Image button..it will insert the photo...into your post.

Like I have done for you on your first post...Much easier to See if you have a Problem....:toke:

@not_qty ....

When you have loaded your photos....

View attachment 1705742

Press the Insert button on the photo..it will give you two options...press the Full Image button..it will insert the photo...into your post.

Like I have done for you on your first post...Much easier to See if you have a Problem....:toke:
Thank you. I not sure what I did wrong posting, but I will be more careful next time. Ty

Thank you. I not sure what I did wrong posting, but I will be more careful next time. Ty

:d5:. You did nothing wrong....:pighug:...just full photos make diagnosis easier....:headbang:...

Awesome plant, It looks ready to pop now. if you wait till the trichomes to turn a little brown you will get a more relaxed high for sure, but she looks beautiful. great job!

To me, it looks like you still have one or even more weeks to go [but get/follow more expert opinions] with essentially all white pistols (haven't browned and contracted yet) and the plant looking like the buds still have more fattening-up to do. [Makes me question whether the trichomes you see as white are by others' standards still clear]. In that context, give it more time, follow the trichomes and harvest when you see the percentage of browned trichomes you are targeting finally appearing.

Still would be good for us to see some microscopic pictures of the trichomes. Relevant USB microscopes can be rather cheap (such as on Ebay or temu.com). I recall mine cost about $14, but see even cheaper ones now [such as search for "usb microscope]. You don't want too high magnification, with magnification more in the 30-100x range suited for trichome viewing. There are also cheap microscopes that attach to your cell phone.

Your are very lucky if your plant has essentially all white trichomes; to me that seems ideal (all high THC, no immature or oxidized trichomes). If essentially all are white, I'd harvest it. Usually you have to wait for some brown in order to get a higher percentage white. [But get other more expert opinions].

Maybe post some microphotographs. What is interpreted as white by some to others might still be clear.

Of course you can partially harvest - remove buds/branches mature to your liking and leave the rest to mature more.
Hello can you please help me again. My 2 plants got white mold and I am nit sure what to do. The one is almost ready to harvest any day.
I have them in 5 gallon bubble buckets and I am about to change the water to plain water with no nutrients in an attempt to flush here before harvest.
Should I just harvest or do a milk and water spray first? I am afriad to affect the buds before harvest. I appreciate any feedback thanks

Attachments

• 20240911_110157.jpg
    20240911_110157.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
More photos... this top bud is ready for harvest I would say...

Attachments

• 20240911_110211.jpg
    20240911_110211.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240911_110203.jpg
    20240911_110203.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Back