New Grower Suki's Perpetual Grow-a-thon

Do u put hay on top to keep moisture in? To kinda aid from the light drying out the top layer of soil?
Yep! It also breaks down to add organic matter and a small amount of nutrients to the soil. Since I use a no till living soil method of growing I typically will topdress as needed with dry amendments and EWC, then top it off with a few more inches of orchard grass. As the organic matter in the pots is broken down by the soil microbes the soil level lowers and the cycle repeats, generally every 2-3 months or so, whenever I plant a new girl in the pot or if they need a boost during flower. By the time I topdress the orchard grass is typically just a very thin layer on the top. The worms tend to hang out in the bottom layer of the grass so it serves as both a habitat and food source for them. Reasoning behind adding a thick layer of WC at transplant instead of digging down into the soil being that it preserves the soil structure and is the least possible disturbance to the microbes and beneficial critters.

The pots in the tent currently have been running the same soil continuously in this manner since December. 5 plants in the 20gal, 5 in one of the 10gal, and 3 in the last two. Bruce is the only one who has been the only plant to have been run in her 10gal.

5/26
20220527_133155.jpg

Back