New Grower Stupid question

And you're right! :D

Not a stupid question at all! An auto can grow from start to finish under either the bloom or veg spectrum.
Some would argue that in a MH vs HPS for autoflower - the HPS would win if you could only choose one. (Scientists ...)

I've got an article somewhere if you're interested :D
I did not go far enough.

good stuff, my first light was sold as an 800w dual spectrum. Paid almost $$$ (who remembers...more than $400) and now looking back it was just a 400w mh and a 400w hps mounted in one reflector. And if I was starting out with autos and hid I might do it all over again. I ordered a bloom cycle led and sent it back. Until further notice I guess I'm a full spectrum for autos guy. At least until I can figure out definitively when they stop vegging and start flowering. Mine are doing everything all at once all the time.
I have one of those dual arc bulbs mh/ hps I also have a hps and mh so you believe using both spectrums is best for auto flowers im new to growing getting ready to start my grow and hard for me to decide which to use.

I run HPS start to finish in one tent and it works just fine...

you guys miss the point, i was wondering can it be grown from seedling till harvest with only bloom lights, hps,mhs,led... doesn't matter the type of light...

you guys miss the point, i was wondering can it be grown from seedling till harvest with only bloom lights, hps,mhs,led... doesn't matter the type of light...

Yes it can be done.

Yes it matters what type.

ok, i was just wondering that, can you grow autoflower from seed to harvest with ONLY bloom lights...

I'm doing my run this time with hps only whole grow first time I used mh then hps.
I'm going to check out the growth difference in veg then next time I'm going to use mh all the way thru see which I like best.

I'm doing my run this time with hps only whole grow first time I used mh then hps.
I'm going to check out the growth difference in veg then next time I'm going to use mh all the way thru see which I like best.
now THAT sounds like a plan. Let me know

Back