Start to finish faster?

It sounds like you have your light in about the right sized space, but those are not that powerful, probably only equal to about a 400watt HID, but for that space it should be adequate.

I forgot in my original lineup of questions, what light cycle are you using? 18/6 will grow a little slower than a cycle with more light. I never use more than 4 hours of darkness, and run my lights 24 for most of the cycle.

Watering 2-3 times a day could help but I think getting a EC/PPM meter to help you understand your imputs better. It’s easier to talk in EC than PPM. Standard tap water is usually between .3-.6 EC, an EC of .4 is pretty standard. Since the EC of tap water is mostly calmag and other minerals that takes care of a lot of what coco needs, but since coco uses so much calmag nutrients intended for coco contain extra calmag to help balance the nutrient solution. They are sold in an A/B format because all of the necessary components cannot stay suspended in a single solution, the calmag will separate and turn into a sludge if you mix them. This can be offset in other ways, but if you really want to grow coco it’s probably easier to switch to a two part nutrient than adjusting or adding to your current inputs. And if growing organic is more important that you should switch from coco to soil or some other blended medium like Promix or Biobizz.

I don’t think you need to worry about your CO2 levels, but it is a factor in faster plant growth.

happy growing!
It sounds like you have your light in about the right sized space, but those are not that powerful, probably only equal to about a 400watt HID, but for that space it should be adequate.

I forgot in my original lineup of questions, what light cycle are you using? 18/6 will grow a little slower than a cycle with more light. I never use more than 4 hours of darkness, and run my lights 24 for most of the cycle.

Watering 2-3 times a day could help but I think getting a EC/PPM meter to help you understand your imputs better. It’s easier to talk in EC than PPM. Standard tap water is usually between .3-.6 EC, an EC of .4 is pretty standard. Since the EC of tap water is mostly calmag and other minerals that takes care of a lot of what coco needs, but since coco uses so much calmag nutrients intended for coco contain extra calmag to help balance the nutrient solution. They are sold in an A/B format because all of the necessary components cannot stay suspended in a single solution, the calmag will separate and turn into a sludge if you mix them. This can be offset in other ways, but if you really want to grow coco it’s probably easier to switch to a two part nutrient than adjusting or adding to your current inputs. And if growing organic is more important that you should switch from coco to soil or some other blended medium like Promix or Biobizz.

I don’t think you need to worry about your CO2 levels, but it is a factor in faster plant growth.

happy growing!
Thanks and I have blue lab ph temp pen. Need to see of it measure ec. How do I adjust ec? Also, I premixed everything for my next batch. Haven't planted seeds yet though. Can I just wet the moko coco I'm using before I plant seeds and add a powder cal mag for this run like dakine 420 cal mag? I think someone suggested previously using more castings to offset the cal mag issue. Im going to grow using 20/ 4 light cycle. Usually what I do. Thanks

Your PH pen will not do EC. EC meters usually do PH, but not the other way around. EC is just another way to represent the PPM of your feeding solution or runoff. Healthy ranges for most plants are 1-2.5 EC, lower during veg 1.5EC is generally adequate. Some plants can tolerate more than an EC of 2.5 during heavy flower formation, but those are good general guidelines. I don’t want to get too in the weeds with EC/PPM, you really need to spend some time understanding it on your own.

Adding a calmag supplement to your coco can help to address potential issues, and absolutely get your water report. But if growing organic is more important to you, then your should really switch to a different medium. If you want to stick with coco then spend some time reading up on http://www.cocoforcannabis.com/. You could use a coco based soil mix for organic, but straight coco is just not the best choice for the nutrients you are using or an organic grow in general.

Back