New Grower Squid Farms 2013-Back on the Scene

The Squid

Spaced-out CephaloMOD
Reaction score
Allo ladies and gents. :D :group:

It's about rotten time I started a new journal so I had a pretty cool idea(I think at least).
As many of you know, I have been around here a while and have had my fair share of first time grow issues at length. Stuck around learned a lot blah blah blah...

I give a lot of advice and I'm pretty good at it I think, it seems to be effective anyway and have made my way to Assistant Mod status which is an immense honor. :bow:
With that being known and said, I am still learning everyday as well. I have gotten decently dialed in within a year(with several months of not growing at all) and have grown a lot of plants, nothing with great yields though. Good smoke though. :toke:

As I feel at home in a sense, here in the New Growers Forum because I spend so much time here doing my best to get new growers started and flying straight. I thought it would be cool for me to make my journal here...right here with all of you that I help in the NGF. You can see how I do it, what I do, watch me fuck up, watch me do cool shit and grow some damn Cannabis. I'm right here in the same forum with you guys. :smokebuds:

Please feel free to offer advice, questions, criticism, and any other general feedback.
I am pretty stoked about this grow and have a couple new things I have been doing and a couple other new products that will be tested out. Who knows where this will go, but it'll be fun and I'm ready to get back to a journal, I miss it. :D

Squid's Rig

Light House Hydro tent-2.5'x2.5'x5'-Love this damn tent. Had an AgroMax tent before, no huge complaints just far less quality and value than the LH tents IMO.
TEK Lamp Pl-55 four-bulb unit-220 watts-20,000 lumens
(2) two foot T5s for side lighting if/when needed
4" HydroFarm inline fan w/PHAT filter for exhaust
Passive intake sorta through bottom vents,with a little help from a box fan on the far right side pulling in through that vent that also serves as inner circulation for the plants and keeps the Tek lamp nice and cool. :cool:
Temps are a pristine 77-82 lights on 70-75 lights off
Humidity 30%+ fine with me
Medium-Promix BX w/ added perlite
5L Airpots
Hanna Ph/ppm meter
GO nutes(Bio Root, Grow, Bloom, Seaweed, Humic)
SuperThrive
Silica Blast by BotanaCare(great stuff :thumbs:)
Grandma's Un-Sulfured Molasses and Epsom Salt for Cal/Mag
Pure Sea Salt(tons of micro nutrients in there, just a pinch per gallon)
Spring water from grocery store(steady Ph of around 6.8)
Earth Juice Crystals Ph up and down

The Goods: Stitch's Onyx-This is my primary and most grown and liked strain for several reasons.

4 beans are in to soak now, water with a squirt of peroxide. I have found it to have better sprout rates and it keep it clean if it's soaking for 48 hours which is what I sometimes do.

We're just in the very first stages so I'll wait for them to soak and be planted and let you guys know a little more about what's going on.

Like I said, stoked to be "back". Thanks for reading, subscribing, caring, not caring, coming by or whatever.

Until next time...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it about Onyx that you like so much?

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
:jaw::jaw::clap::clap::clap::clap::jaw::jaw:
:smokebuds:
I'm in for the ride​

:jump:It's about time you get a grow started and not just flapping your gums.Wish you all the best and if you need help,just ask youself.:karma:

Word Mr Squid.... Glad to see you back in the saddle.. Just going to nestle down in this big old comfy chair... Give me a nudge if i nod off dont want to miss anything... lol.

:smokebuds:

:pop: Do it up Squid!
:smelly:

im ready for kick off squid good luck with the grow bro

Hell yea man, can't wait to see what you can do with some Cannabis Goodluck man!!!:peace::peace:

OK, so do tell....What are your reasons for choosing the Onyx? Going to pull up a chair and kick back and enjoy this ride!!:group:

:pop:

Cant wait to see the pics of your set up... I'm thinking of purchacing this same size tint.. and would love to see how you have it set up and how much room you have inside!!

I have to do something soon she's bigger than I was expecting!! which is not necessaryily a bad thing!! lol

Good luck on your new grow brotha!!

Subbed....

:pop:

Back