Spots on leaves

700 scale - so 1073/700 ≈ EC 1.5. That sounds about right.

"ec is not tds two totally different parameters." - agreed, EC and TDS are different. Only EC is real, as you probably know*.

I prefer to use PPM (500 scale) because it's more granular than EC but, as I do more grows, my GAS** guage is falling. Plus my sensors (Bluelab) are only accurate to 0.1 EC so it's is more like "keeping it between the guard rails" than being able to fine tune things.

* For the reading audience - after electrical conductivity is measured, a formula is used to express that value to indicate the number of parts per million of NaCl (500) or KCl (700) needed to support that same level of conductance (history major showing off his ability to read the Bluelab web site. :) )

**GAS = give a shit
Good info there. I am just learning these processes so I get lost in it, This is the first dwc i usually just ph and measure in ml for soil lol i know everybody wants to tell u ec and not ppms:(

Hey there - apologies if this has already been mentioned but there are two things I would always check with little rust spots (and my god you have caught them early - hawkeye)
1 - Rust fungus, this is less likely but it happens, just wipe your finger over the spots, if you get 'rust' on your finger then it is rut fungus. This stuff loves what we call the perfect environment for growing, so the quick fix is to lower humidity to the lowest acceptable level for you, and increase air extraction for a bit, the stuff can be airborne so lowering the humidity and increasing the air movement and extraction should sort it out.
As I say this is less likely but worth noting.

2 - Calcium or Magnesium. They can both share similar starting traits but differ as the toxicity or deficiency become more pronounced. The thing is though, CALMAG ends up being diagnosed as the issue to everything now everyone is under LED, and if you treat it for def or tox you can disturb the balance by increasing or reducing erratically. Personally, I would keep an eye on teh whole plant the rust spots will tend to be below the new growth, and further down you will see other signs such as pronounced veins - looking at yours it looks all good and I think I read you are running at 1.5EC which is also fine.

With the system you are in, it is worth doing a fresh res, calibrating your tools and running a new res at 1.5 with an extra dash of calmag and take it from there - alternatively it could just be a drop of something that went stray.

Will be interesting to see the resolution
good luck

Hey there - apologies if this has already been mentioned but there are two things I would always check with little rust spots (and my god you have caught them early - hawkeye)
1 - Rust fungus, this is less likely but it happens, just wipe your finger over the spots, if you get 'rust' on your finger then it is rut fungus. This stuff loves what we call the perfect environment for growing, so the quick fix is to lower humidity to the lowest acceptable level for you, and increase air extraction for a bit, the stuff can be airborne so lowering the humidity and increasing the air movement and extraction should sort it out.
As I say this is less likely but worth noting.

2 - Calcium or Magnesium. They can both share similar starting traits but differ as the toxicity or deficiency become more pronounced. The thing is though, CALMAG ends up being diagnosed as the issue to everything now everyone is under LED, and if you treat it for def or tox you can disturb the balance by increasing or reducing erratically. Personally, I would keep an eye on teh whole plant the rust spots will tend to be below the new growth, and further down you will see other signs such as pronounced veins - looking at yours it looks all good and I think I read you are running at 1.5EC which is also fine.

With the system you are in, it is worth doing a fresh res, calibrating your tools and running a new res at 1.5 with an extra dash of calmag and take it from there - alternatively it could just be a drop of something that went stray.

Will be interesting to see the resolution
good luck
ok pardon me for my ignorance but how are people comming up with 1.5 ec when my apera ec60 set on ec mode not tds says 1073ms/cm I put the meter on tds and it converts on the 700 scale automatically to 760 ppm . So would this not be closer to ec 1.1? once again i am a newby at this. Also last night I noticed a very lil bit of tip burn on the leaves

ok pardon me for my ignorance but how are people comming up with 1.5 ec
that's my mistake, I thought I saw that earlier in the thread

ok pardon me for my ignorance but how are people comming up with 1.5 ec when my apera ec60 set on ec mode not tds says 1073ms/cm I put the meter on tds and it converts on the 700 scale automatically to 760 ppm . So would this not be closer to ec 1.1? once again i am a newby at this. Also last night I noticed a very lil bit of tip burn on the leaves
1073ms/cm = an EC of 1.073 so the math is little funky.

700 *1.073=751.1

Electrical conducitvity is measured in 1073ms/cm which is microseimens and EC is in millisiemens where there are 1000 microsiemen in one millbisiemen. It's the same value but expressed in different units.

not sure if this applies to you or if it's even true, but i read somewhere that regular tap water in a humidifier will cause those spots.
i have those white spots quite often and every so often i clean the humidifier out from the build up of whatever minerals.
i get a brown build up inside the humidifier and i read that's what causes the white spots on the leaves.
take this with a grain of salt as it came from the internet

not sure if this applies to you or if it's even true, but i read somewhere that regular tap water in a humidifier will cause those spots.
i have those white spots quite often and every so often i clean the humidifier out from the build up of whatever minerals.
i get a brown build up inside the humidifier and i read that's what causes the white spots on the leaves.
take this with a grain of salt as it came from the internet
I figured it out it was root rot uggghhhh

Back