Spots on leaves

Reaction score
These spots show up and it gets worse as days go buy . I have sent pictures of what I am feeding her and pictures of the leaves. The picture with the blue circles shows how faint it is starting out. RH 55% temp 76f water temp 70f . I don't think I listed hydroguard but 6 ml in 3.25 gallons of water. All measurments are the total of what I put in 3.25 gallons of water(distilled) The plant is really healthy other than this.

Attachments

• 20221130_184935.jpg
    20221130_184935.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • Inked20221130_184940.jpg
    Inked20221130_184940.jpg
    970.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20221130_190915.jpg
    20221130_190915.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
These spots show up and it gets worse as days go buy . I have sent pictures of what I am feeding her and pictures of the leaves. The picture with the blue circles shows how faint it is starting out. RH 55% temp 76f water temp 70f . I don't think I listed hydroguard but 6 ml in 3.25 gallons of water. All measurments are the total of what I put in 3.25 gallons of water(distilled) The plant is really healthy other than this.
I wouldnt put too much strain into figuring out whats causing it unless it really is causing your entire plant to suffer, these small spots can be caused by a lot of stuff. Splash from watering, nutrient toxicity/deficiency. What color are the spots? Yellow, brown, copper colored? Are they dead and dry or are they still alive and just discolored? Odds are with the way the overall plant looks its ok.

Is it spreading? Only on a couple leaves?

You've got a nutrient problem there and you're wise to tend to it. It looks like you're in hydro so you should be able to resolve it pretty quickly.

I'm not familiar with the nutes that you're using - I did bottled ferts for a few grows and switched to Jack's 3-2-1. Less is better when it comes to ferts. Speaking of which…

Your log shows "EC 1073". "1073" is the total dissolved solids ("TDS") as measured using the 500 PPM scale? That's about three times what most plants can use at that stage of growth. At most, autos generally need 800 or 900 PPM. EC is a universally accepted measurement which is converted to TDS so 1073 PPM (500 scale) would be an EC of ≈ 2.1 which is a lot.

The other issue is that your pH is a low. For hydro, "optimal" is 5.8.

More info about the grow environment would be helpful. Age, strain, grow type, lighting, ventilation, temperature, humidity, etc. It might seem like a chore to post it but that info can be really helpful for folks who are trying to diagnose plant issues. The more detailed, the better.

You've got a nutrient problem there and you're wise to tend to it. It looks like you're in hydro so you should be able to resolve it pretty quickly.

I'm not familiar with the nutes that you're using - I did bottled ferts for a few grows and switched to Jack's 3-2-1. Less is better when it comes to ferts. Speaking of which…

Your log shows "EC 1073". "1073" is the total dissolved solids ("TDS") as measured using the 500 PPM scale? That's about three times what most plants can use at that stage of growth. At most, autos generally need 800 or 900 PPM. EC is a universally accepted measurement which is converted to TDS so 1073 PPM (500 scale) would be an EC of ≈ 2.1 which is a lot.

The other issue is that your pH is a low. For hydro, "optimal" is 5.8.

More info about the grow environment would be helpful. Age, strain, grow type, lighting, ventilation, temperature, humidity, etc. It might seem like a chore to post it but that info can be really helpful for folks who are trying to diagnose plant issues. The more detailed, the better.
no I am not using the .5 scale I am using the .7 scale so my ppm is 7oo and some. I can set the parameters on my pen my pen measures ec , tds, sa linity,
ec is not tds two totally different parameters.

I wouldnt put too much strain into figuring out whats causing it unless it really is causing your entire plant to suffer, these small spots can be caused by a lot of stuff. Splash from watering, nutrient toxicity/deficiency. What color are the spots? Yellow, brown, copper colored? Are they dead and dry or are they still alive and just discolored? Odds are with the way the overall plant looks its ok.
looks like all the fan leaves are getting it. They start out almost whitish yellow turn yellow then they get a dead spot in the center of the yellow spots so it turns brown, I know it is not nutrient splash cause whenI do a water change I do the whole bucket swap . Do you think it is a calcium issue ? I am only using this cal mag at lower recommended dosing The npk value is 4-0-0 AN cal / mag xtra . I have another strain in dwc and she looks awesome at the same dosing , two different genetics. I posted a pic of her as well. there are no tip burns so she might need more ? I posted pics of my other plant down in comments

Attachments

• 20221202_064732.jpg
    20221202_064732.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
here is another auto by Mephisto CdlC, I have always had success with this strain. She is getting the same feeding as the other

Attachments

• 20221202_065642.jpg
    20221202_065642.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • 20221202_065646.jpg
    20221202_065646.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
looks like all the fan leaves are getting it. They start out almost whitish yellow turn yellow then they get a dead spot in the center of the yellow spots so it turns brown, I know it is not nutrient splash cause whenI do a water change I do the whole bucket swap . Do you think it is a calcium issue ? I am only using this cal mag at lower recommended dosing The npk value is 4-0-0 AN cal / mag xtra . I have another strain in dwc and she looks awesome at the same dosing , two different genetics. I posted a pic of her as well. there are no tip burns so she might need more ? I posted pics of my other plant down in comments
Im not positive but if your runoff is picking up calcium it would cause the ph to read more alkaline. But if you're using less than the reccomend dosage its probably not the case. The only other thing I can personally think of is a magnesium deficiency due to potassium toxicity. But that might not be it either, I learned the hard way that too much potassium can block roots ability to take up magnesium. Mag deficiency starts out like that yellow then brown then they get really crispy. But this is just stuff thats happened to me causing similar symptoms

no I am not using the .5 scale I am using the .7 scale so my ppm is 7oo and some. I can set the parameters on my pen my pen measures ec , tds, sa linity,
ec is not tds two totally different parameters.
700 scale - so 1073/700 ≈ EC 1.5. That sounds about right.

"ec is not tds two totally different parameters." - agreed, EC and TDS are different. Only EC is real, as you probably know*.

I prefer to use PPM (500 scale) because it's more granular than EC but, as I do more grows, my GAS** guage is falling. Plus my sensors (Bluelab) are only accurate to 0.1 EC so it's is more like "keeping it between the guard rails" than being able to fine tune things.

* For the reading audience - after electrical conductivity is measured, a formula is used to express that value to indicate the number of parts per million of NaCl (500) or KCl (700) needed to support that same level of conductance (history major showing off his ability to read the Bluelab web site. :) )

**GAS = give a shit

Back