New Grower Soil vs soilless

Kneehigh85

Grow for health not wealth
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gorilla glue #4, strawberry cough
So soon I will be starting a another crop of early miss feminized autos from crop king seeds because they’re awesome and replacing some beans that failed germing goes to show they want their customer satisfaction which you don’t see in many businesses theses days so thank you cks. For this grow I’ll be using both soil and soilless mediums. For the experiment I have chose to use 2 products produced by fox farms. Ocean forest fx14000 and light warrior. I’m new to this so I wanted to see which gives me the better results between both medium types. May the best medium win!

Last edited:
I have a grow going with Fox Farms Oceans and Soiless. So far I like soiless because of how great it drains and does have some great nutes , Fox Farm seams to really doing well. Just watch adding any nitrogen to Fox Farms it will burn. I use Kelp Extract seems to work well. I am new grower, so I have limited knowledge. First time I grew I used a Home Depot Organic soil, that was a big mistake. No drainage, problem with Fungus Knats

I have a grow going with Fox Farms Oceans and Soiless. So far I like soiless because of how great it drains and does have some great nutes , Fox Farm seams to really doing well. Just watch adding any nitrogen to Fox Farms it will burn. I use Kelp Extract seems to work well. I am new grower, so I have limited knowledge. First time I grew I used a Home Depot Organic soil, that was a big mistake. No drainage, problem with Fungus Knats
The organic soil I’m using now is a mix with worm castings and a shit ton of perlite! And it drains just fine. But I wanted to use better quality soil with proclaimed ph balances and soilless with promix on this next grow as I’m new to this as well so I’m just experimenting so I can get a great system down for future grows.

It gets a little frustrating, I have watched countless videos, read this and that. This one tells u to do this and someone else tells you different. I think the guy at my Hydroponics Store knows very little. He's has so e good info, but not always the best. I would really like to find a great book on autos, which is step by step. Know of any

I stated growing with Ocean Forest/Happy Frog/Perlite, then changed to 50/50 Ocean Forest/Perlite for several years. Finally I changed to Coco Loco and Canna coco, but use Coco Loco the most. I really like that medium and will probably stay with it for several more years.

This one tells u to do this and someone else tells you different. I think the guy at my Hydroponics Store knows very little.
That is why doing research is so important. There is a lot of dubious posting on the net, so when you do a lot of research, that will help you sift through the bad info. I have seen many posts referencing "the hydro store guy", no matter what country, who doesn't have a firm grasp on actual growing. Research is key!

That is why doing research is so important. There is a lot of dubious posting on the net, so when you do a lot of research, that will help you sift through the bad info. I have seen many posts referencing "the hydro store guy", no matter what country, who doesn't have a firm grasp on actual growing. Research is key!
Which is why I’ve taken it upon myself to do the research but to test them out to see which works best for me.

Believe me, I am on the net every day looking stuff up

better results instead of potentially chasing your PH since Fuxfarms soil is either hit or miss these days. I would avoid them entirely to be honest/. go with a KIS soil and make it yourself,OR even a Bio Tabs. both work well and its easy too. thats the key,right?! decently quality meds and a fair yield too. and most all Hydro guys are sales men ,not growers.and when they do grow they tend to buy into the stupid as to whats on the shelves. most grow stores hate guys ;like me rolling in there.LOL! enjoy your grow. I would recommend a bale of Sunshine mix [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] with Si and Mycos,then add the tabs or the KIS soil pack and one of make it yourself to cook(KIS soil pack) or pot the pots up and insert tabs and go. water only systems. food for thought

Yea I do use Mycos, I watched Cali Grower on utube he uses Mycos, and had a grow with Fox Farm and only used sea weed extract the whole grow. So I did the same using kelp extract. I had a problem with not enough Cal Mag. Thinking of getting some Cobs instead of my one 600 watt LED. Need to find out how many for a 4x4 tent and what size. I don't think I get enough light coverage for 3 plants.

Back