New Grower Soil Problems

Reaction score
Hey; so I am a new grower; and I’m looking for some help and answers. I germinated the 3 Bears OG and Forum Stomper seeds which had pretty healthy germs. I then went to plant them in soil (Fox Farms Ocean Forest); and they just died on me. I’ve read a few places that FFOF can be a bit too strong for seedlings sometimes, and I believe this to be my issue. Has anyone else encountered this problem using OF, and if so do you have any solutions?

Hey; so I am a new grower; and I’m looking for some help and answers. I germinated the 3 Bears OG and Forum Stomper seeds which had pretty healthy germs. I then went to plant them in soil (Fox Farms Ocean Forest); and they just died on me. I’ve read a few places that FFOF can be a bit too strong for seedlings sometimes, and I believe this to be my issue. Has anyone else encountered this problem using OF, and if so do you have any solutions?
Ocean Forest is too hot for new baby autoflowers. Next time go with Happy Frog and add 20 - 30% extra perlite. You can also use OF for the bottom 1/2 & HF on the top 1/2, (I'd add some extra perlite to the OF also). Or, .... you can buy some seedling mix and dig out at least a fistful size hole in the OF & add the seedling mix in the hole you made and plant your seed in the mix. Either way, your plants will be good to go for at least 3 - 4 weeks from germination if not longer, from the fertilizer already in the soil. Water only till your plants start too look hungry. Just my :2cents: for what's it worth and I'm sure others may know a better way! :peace:

Back