So Trichomes look about right, but...

Hey thank for chiming in. Do you mind sending me the name of the product since you can post links? I've got about a half dozen cheapo microscopes/loupes, and can't really decipher much out of any of them. Thanks!
I can't really apparently because the name is pretty much a link. It's an ai for trichomes. If you type in trichome before ai online I am thinking it will come up. I didn't realise I was breaking any rules because that's how I found it and I don't want to break any rules here as I like being here and appreciate the community.

I can't really apparently because the name is pretty much a link. It's an ai for trichomes. If you type in trichome before ai online I am thinking it will come up. I didn't realise I was breaking any rules because that's how I found it and I don't want to break any rules here as I like being here and appreciate the community.

No worries - I think I found what you were referring to!

My bad I had asked someone before and have seen and been sent links to external but I won't do it again. I actually found that thing I mentioned from here. Having said that now I know.
:toke: hey bud, some links are OK: educational ones, info sources, that sort of thing,.... Links to other grow forums, product ad spammy shit, and the like are not... This Trich AI is a tougher call IMO, not so much what it is, but what it could have been (might still be!) a dubious external link to something nefarious... After a few incidences with folks haplessly linking to a "source" of whatever turned out to be bad shit malware, etc., we've discouraged some of these sorts of links... Personally, I find it dubious that an "AI" is dedicated to analyzing a pic of trichomes for ripeness assessments,... there are so many factors that may alter things like color rendition, clarity (clear vs milky/cloudy), the type of trich's shown (bulbous, sessile, stalked capitate) which are not all the same in regards to bud ripeness, nor cannabinoid and terpene content.... Ambering is usually, but not always (a recent scientific article I need to re-dig up) associated with THC breakdown into CBN (plant does not make CBN).... this article showed a grower who has a cross notorious for amber colored trich's, even fairly early on, lab testes showed CBN content was not significant, so it begs the question what exactly is the source/cause of such color to begin with?
Now, older past ripe trichs will have a shrunken, shriveled look almost always with amber color.... The pic in that article on immature bud showed full heads with a light amber color,... I see some of this in ripe buds too, heads full and prime, faint color just starting... common!
You don't need anything more fancy than a jeweler's loop or a strong magnifier to assess trich's, even 10x in proper light (neutral, Sun anything not color biased) is enough...

:toke: hey bud, some links are OK: educational ones, info sources, that sort of thing,.... Links to other grow forums, product ad spammy shit, and the like are not... This Trich AI is a tougher call IMO, not so much what it is, but what it could have been (might still be!) a dubious external link to something nefarious... After a few incidences with folks haplessly linking to a "source" of whatever turned out to be bad shit malware, etc., we've discouraged some of these sorts of links... Personally, I find it dubious that an "AI" is dedicated to analyzing a pic of trichomes for ripeness assessments,... there are so many factors that may alter things like color rendition, clarity (clear vs milky/cloudy), the type of trich's shown (bulbous, sessile, stalked capitate) which are not all the same in regards to bud ripeness, nor cannabinoid and terpene content.... Ambering is usually, but not always (a recent scientific article I need to re-dig up) associated with THC breakdown into CBN (plant does not make CBN).... this article showed a grower who has a cross notorious for amber colored trich's, even fairly early on, lab testes showed CBN content was not significant, so it begs the question what exactly is the source/cause of such color to begin with?
Now, older past ripe trichs will have a shrunken, shriveled look almost always with amber color.... The pic in that article on immature bud showed full heads with a light amber color,... I see some of this in ripe buds too, heads full and prime, faint color just starting... common!
You don't need anything more fancy than a jeweler's loop or a strong magnifier to assess trich's, even 10x in proper light (neutral, Sun anything not color biased) is enough...
Ok thank you, yea I'm not bitter at all and I don't think the ai is by any means a be all end all just an interesting tool and I think it was just basing itself off trichome clarity. It was just some people on reddit who made it I think as well so I wouldn't use it to make a final decision personally it's kinda just like another opinion while I was just trying to help provide another tool I can more then appreciate why you guys have to monitor and remove things. I am thankful for it really and the work you guys do. I actually want to read the terms of use again so I don't violate I was actually pretty bummed that I broke a rule here. I am super interested in the article though if you find it could you send me it or direct me to it. I might just have to go searching myself because I love to learn new things and enlighten myself it's not going to help me any to be ignorant to new information. You've already helped me be a better member previously and I appreciate your guidance and strive to be a better member of this community I value.

No worries and thank B', the link thing is I admit, spotty with some grey areas,... That "AI" link is one IMO,... I just don't trust it for it for security issues mainly! All too easy to feed visitors a line of horseshit and glean meta-data off the image for potential misuse... :nono:
I saw that article on another private forum a while back, can't remember where exactly though so I'll have to fish around...
MoG really summed it up though in that previous post for assessment... from there it's mainly personal preference, and the nature of the cultivar's buzz to begin with... And keep in mind terpenes are usually a much bigger source of influence on that than the cannabinoids, unless you know you have a cultivar with high CBD, THCV, CBG, etc.,... rare, but available now besides landrace/heirloom crosses... Dutch Passion is offering some very interesting new things on that front!

No worries and thank B', the link thing is I admit, spotty with some grey areas,... That "AI" link is one IMO,... I just don't trust it for it for security issues mainly! All too easy to feed visitors a line of horseshit and glean meta-data off the image for potential misuse... :nono:
I saw that article on another private forum a while back, can't remember where exactly though so I'll have to fish around...
MoG really summed it up though in that previous post for assessment... from there it's mainly personal preference, and the nature of the cultivar's buzz to begin with... And keep in mind terpenes are usually a much bigger source of influence on that than the cannabinoids, unless you know you have a cultivar with high CBD, THCV, CBG, etc.,... rare, but available now besides landrace/heirloom crosses... Dutch Passion is offering some very interesting new things on that front!
I have never grown any Dutch passion before but heard a lot of good in going to have to look into them and see if they are available where I am at. Also I felt MoG was pretty spot on as well I actually screenshot it and sent it to my brother because he isn't a member and I thought it was a good guideline for him or really a tone to have questioning the readiness of their crops.

I will say, trying to Google what might have been it was interesting. A lot of pages talking about A.I. being integrated in grow operations for more hands off, less labor grows...but then I thought where's the fun in that.

Back