So I’m a dumbass and mixed a photo with my auto. Auto has about a month to go, if I flip her from 18/6 to 12/12 what will the side-effects be?

Reaction score
My original plan was to ride it out and flip the photo when the auto was done but the photo is turning into a bushy monster and taking over my tent.

I reckon the auto has about 3-4 weeks left. What would happen if I changed her from 18/6 to 12/12? Would it just slow her down a bit, I’m happy to wait a bit longer if needed. Or would it just end up lowering my yield?
Worst case scenario, would it affect the potency of the auto?

EBAA3BE0-7A73-4037-AF34-4D65DEAD1689.jpeg

Thanks gang. I really goofed on this one, didn’t realise one was a photo until it never flowered and I went back and checked my original order and realised I stuffed up.

Oops. Never mind, I agree with @Suki813, turn the photo into an absolute monster. Good luck,
EP3

Ditto, and trim the hedge as required. And have fun. :biggrin: :pighug:

Yeah no light changes if possible. Added a new light on the other side of my tent while my 4-Assed Monkey headed into flower. She only foxtailed thankfully, but this is my second time changing lighting situations during a grow. Both with negative effects. Listen to the wise men/women above!!

Thanks for the advice gang, I’ll keep my lighting the same and won’t flip it until the auto is harvested.

Not sure how to train the bush though, I’m only experienced with LST and I literally don’t have the space to tie the branches down.

Thanks for the advice gang, I’ll keep my lighting the same and won’t flip it until the auto is harvested.

Not sure how to train the bush though, I’m only experienced with LST and I literally don’t have the space to tie the branches down.
You could absolutely top those still. Tbh, I'd top, take clones, let it all veg together and then flip when your autos are done. That way you're not wasting your tent on just one plant.

I vegged my last photos indoors for 70 days while autos finished. Kept them topped and trained well, etc.

They all averaged between 8-12' tall. I did move them outside though. So there's that natural sun factor. Technically you could keep them in veg forever if you wanted.

Pretty much anything goes with photos in veg imo.

Back