Snapped main stem

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Critical Jack
Hi guys so I snapped the main stem in half of my daquiri lime at 22 days. I taped immediately with a little duck tape. What is usually the consequence? Do they usually take long to recover? :doh: The pictures is less than 24 hours after break it looks fairly ok not reaching for the sky like usual but I'd imagine it'll take a little while to bounce back.

Attachments

• IMG_20200305_225410262.jpg
    IMG_20200305_225410262.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200305_225345490.jpg
    IMG_20200305_225345490.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 65
Hi guys so I snapped the main stem in half of my daquiri lime at 22 days. I taped immediately with a little duck tape. What is usually the consequence? Do they usually take long to recover? :doh: The pictures is less than 24 hours after break it looks fairly ok not reaching for the sky like usual but I'd imagine it'll take a little while to bounce back.

ya, jus give her a few dayz & she'll mend up ok...good job :thumbsup: ppp

i think she should be ok it may slow her down slightly but as long as it wasnt completely snapped

Tape her up and leave her alone. She'll slow down for a few days but they usually come back stronger than ever.

Peace and Goodluck

cant say how long it will take to recover but i reckon she might make it looks happy even with a broken neck :crying: i would reccomend clear tape so you can see the stem also make sure you dont leave it on too long could end up strangling the top

It was prett
i think she should be ok it may slow her down slightly but as long as it wasnt completely snapped

It was pretty much completely snapped it was only hanging on by a few strands but id guess that them few strands make all the difference when repairing?

cant say how long it will take to recover but i reckon she might make it looks happy even with a broken neck :crying: i would reccomend clear tape so you can see the stem also make sure you dont leave it on too long could end up strangling the top

Cool man thanks after a couple days I'll stick a little clear tape on so can keep an eye on the healing.

Cool man thanks after a couple days I'll stick a little clear tape on so can keep an eye on the healing.
good stuff dude done the same thing to a golden lemon haze in mid flower so i tied it up best i could no tape on hand pretty much forgot about it it totally grew over the bit or string ever seen some barbed wire that a tree grows around same thing haha

I hope you used cheap duct tape? It is going to be hard to get off so good luck with that. You will need to remove it but I would give it a week or more. Wait until it looks like it is constricting it a little. Duct tape does not stretch so you will girdle the growth if you do not remove it. The thing is the nodes below will just become dominant. It is how they role :naughtystep:we spank them and they give us better buds.

PS I keep Parafilm grafting tape handy for such emergencies or when I need to super crop. It stretches and seals the air out with wax. I have needed it at least a dozen times and have not lost a top yet.

ScreenHunter_250 Mar. 05 18.18.jpg

I hope you used cheap duct tape? It is going to be hard to get off so good luck with that. You will need to remove it but I would give it a week or more. Wait until it looks like it is constricting it a little. Duct tape does not stretch so you will girdle the growth if you do not remove it. The thing is the nodes below will just become dominant. It is how they role :naughtystep:we spank them and they give us better buds.

PS I keep Parafilm grafting tape handy for such emergencies or when I need to super crop. It stretches and seals the air out with wax. I have needed it at least a dozen times and have not lost a top yet.

View attachment 1165367
That’s some great stuff to have on hand. Thanks for bringing it to the table. I don’t play with them much anymore but have accidentally crushed a top over or had to supercrop and had some snappage. Luckily they r tough plants and I always have some kind of microbe product I use at the site to help keep clean and heal (EM-1 right now) but that tape over after the spray would be tits

Back