Indoor Smell even with carbon filter

Just to add, and funnily, there is a huge aquatic store next door!
Admittedly it did look untampered but certainly didn't work as well

Hey lovely bunch!
Thanks a lot for all the replies you're the best! :kusht:

I have found another thread on a different forum complaining about Buddy filters and how they are inferior quality, also cannot even find a proper homepage for this brand, so I think as some of you suggested this might be the culprit. I am now waiting for a Rhino Pro replacement, if it solves the issue great, if not this will also tell us something at least.
The air freshener comment I made was a mental shortcut - what I meant is it's not a faint sweet smell you could try to mask or remove with Ona, but a full-blown weed smell one would not be expecting with a 4-month filter running! Shame. Let's hope the new filter puts a lid on it, fingers crossed for Mr Rhino :slaps:

Also on a side note, you know how they say Blue Mystic is a strain that 'produces a neutral smell when growing'? Right. Those two I have in my tent were busy smellies when they were little 2-inch weenies already! :dance2:

I've been running a 4" Phat for over 3 years and am only now starting to notice a bit of smell when the plants are in full flower.

Hello Muddy, that is crazy, 3 years! Amazing quality and one can only hope every Phresh/Rhino filter to be like this.

Sounds similar to a problem I had on my last grow, agree with all about shite carbon filter, if you are from London I would also be careful of local grow shops, I bought my previous filter online from a respected store and had no problems, then bought same brand (rhino) and had problems from my LGS

Hey Villain :) Good to know, I normally go around buying stuff online as I'm conscious of prying eyes. It would have never occurred to me though to look out for something like this, which is a shame since you would think those stores should try to guard their reputation like their life depends on it. :dunno:

What strain are you growing?

Just so i know that it stinks a lot.

Back