New Grower Slow journey to my first grow... sorta.

Reaction score
I finally got a place to live where I don't have to worry about landlords or room mates. I have a grow or 2 under my belt indoors but they were at a friend's house under less than ideal conditions. So I am in the "slow" process of building a grow area and starting my first legit indoor grow. I will give everyone updates as my grow space and everything will more than likely evolve over time. I will include pics of the grow space build and everything. For now I can include a pic with most of my potting soil and dry ammendments. I have 4 bags of lobster compost that are not here in the picture.
20210830_182207.jpg

Last edited:
A) How big of a space?

B) Planning to use a tent?

C) How many plants? Autos or photos?

D) What will ventilation be like? Outside exhaust?

It will probably be a 2x4 grow tent unless I decide to buy a 6" carbon fiber and fan before the grow... in which case it will be a 4x4 grow. I will try to fill the space fairly well with autos but I don't want to over fill it. I have no real idea what strains to grow out on this first grow.

A) How big of a space?

B) Planning to use a tent?

C) How many plants? Autos or photos?

D) What will ventilation be like? Outside exhaust?
I will be building a room roughly 10x12 in the basement. Its an icf wall basement. Planning on insulating the interior walls the other 2 walls will be icf. I will heat that room and exhaust the tent outside the room. It will be in a tent. Autos... I have about 50 or more strains from good breeders. Not sure how many. It will partially depend on the strains chosen as well as the tent I choose... 2x4 or 4x4. It will obviously be a soil grow.

I have some sweet seeds strains, mephisto strains, and some fastbuds strains that I thought about using for my first trial run... I have a lot of Strawberry Nuggets seeds, as well as Rhino Ryder. I also have a lot of Dutch Passion Critical Orange Punch and Fastbuds Jack Herer auto seeds. So 1 of those strains would be a good choice.

Also I have a few sweet seeds strains that are supposed to finish in 8-9 weeks according to someone with experience growing them before. Those might be good because they probably wouldn't need much in the line of fertilizers

I guess I also have several regular seeds autos from Mandalorian, Morning Star, and Fire Budz that I could use if I wanted an easy seed making run...

As well as about 60 Mephisto freebies I could run for a trial run...

Ok so I will do a mixed grow. I have narrowed it down to 8 strains. I think I will do 6. I could probably do all 8 but if the grow actually goes well and some of the plants get a little big, I don't want to over crowd the tent. Here are the 8 strains. Let me know what you guys think.
1. Fastbuds Blue Dream
2. Dutch Passion Critical Orange Punch
3. Fastbuds Rhino Ryder
4. Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake freebie
5. Mephisto Stilton x 3BOG freebie
6. Mephisto DBC x Sour Bubbly freebie
7. Mephisto Stomper x Double Grape freebie
8. Mephisto MBAP x 3BOG freebie
Which 2 should I eliminate from the test run?

I could eliminate 3 of the mephisto strains and 1 of the fastbuds strains and add a Vanilla Latte from Humboldt Seed Company & another seed from another breeder and do 6 different strains from 6 different breeders.

1. Fastbuds Rhino Ryder
1. Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake "freebie
1. Dutch Passion Critical Orange Punch
1. Mehpisto Sour Stomper x Double Grape "freebie"
1. Humbolt Seed Company Vanilla Latte
1. Royal Queen Seeds Blue Cheese
How does this sound?

Back