New Grower SiO2 supplement?

Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Six Shooter, Black Stone, Stone Dragon, Moroccan and home made hash
Anyone using silica supplement to strenghten the plants?

I use Rhino Skin from advanced nutrients. The stuff flat works man.

I use Rhino Skin from advanced nutrients. The stuff flat works man.
I was thinking of going to the health food store and get some food grade SiO2 powder and make a 1% sol'n. 200g is $7.

Is it good for the flowers, btw?

No reason to cob together a home brew version when you can get a quart of GH Armor Si for $11 or a quart of Botanicare Silica Blast for $16.00. Purpose made for plants. As far as I know it's not geared towards flower production rather for general plant structure.

No reason to cob together a home brew version when you can get a quart of GH Armor Si for $11 or a quart of Botanicare Silica Blast for $16.00. Purpose made for plants. As far as I know it's not geared towards flower production rather for general plant structure.
I get 200g food grade powder for $7.
Also, I like working with chemicals. I worked in biochemistry labs for 17 yrs, so some damage from the environment is manifest.

Is it good for the flowers, btw?
I use it all way through veg phase pretty much. Well after 14 days, and 1st week or two of flower.

I've used it right until the end before and it left my buds with a horrible/harsh taste and burnt black ash. Even after 10 day flush.

It's very good during veg though. I just use Rhino skin, but a home brew will be exactly the same no doubt! But wouldn't recommend using near finish.

Marty

Also I don't think it makes a difference in size/potency of buds. Like I say, just effected them negatively in my experience feeding them in late bloom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I don't think it makes a difference in size/potency of buds. Like I say, just effected them negatively in my experience feeding them in late bloom.

Thanks for the info!
I purchased GHE Urtica as mineral supplement.
Haven't fed it to the flowering plants yet and will not, as to your data may indicatr it is suboptimal. Agree?

Yes definitely. Silica has its benefits, but only in veg.

A must if you're going to be doing any LST.

What line of nutes are you using mainly?

Back