New Grower Seedlings and cfl light

Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Six Shooter, Black Stone, Stone Dragon, Moroccan and home made hash
In two weeks or so my first grow goes into flower and the cfl 5000K will be changed to 2000K.

I want to start new seedlings for my "second generation" while "first generation" produces its buds.

As I have only one tent, can I:
1 - keep seedlings under the 2000K lamp and switch to 5000K when I have harvested the first grow?
2 - Or should I grow the seedlings in natural light to begin with?
3 - Or just wait until the new seedlings can be born under the correct cfl lamp, i.e. 5000K?

I want to be self surplied, so I need a fast turn over.

They will grow under the 5000k just not the most ideal light. If it were me I would find a cheap way to get a few 5000 or 6500k cfl in close to the babies. Keep the other 2000k running as well the more the better with cfl. Get creative. A trip to lowes in the electrical section for a few splitters and bulbs won't hurt the wallet. I like the cheap shop light with the reflectors and clips. I still use them when training

I got a metal desk lamp at Walmart, put in a grow bulb I got at the grow store, and use that on seedlings when they pop.

After 2 or 3 days of that, I start putting them in the tent. First day, they only get an hour. Next they get 2 hours, day after that it's 4.
After it's up to the plant, I'll crank up the light and let it rip until they look tired.

Back