Indoor Seedling Ideal Temperature and Humidity in Root Riot / Rapid Rooters for Hydro

Reaction score
Hello all! I was wondering after seeds have popped in Rapid Rooters or Root riot cubes in a seedling tray. If you had the ability to accurately control their tent environment... What would be the ideal temperature and humidity to keep them at? My findings for seeds have been about 78 to 80f for air temp and 80% humidity when the seeds are germinating... but after they sprout and show some green I was wondering if (since they would be moving to another tent and 8 inch net pots for the rest of their lives with growstones) i should start to decrease the humidity to 70% but still keep the temp 80f bc in my veg tent i will be running chilled root water and elevated co2 levels(1400ppm). Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated. Im just trying to stress the babies the least amount possible. I heard ideal veg tent temp and humidity with elevated co2(1400) were 85F for air and 70% for Rh...this correct??? TY!!!

You will get different answers to this but i beleve around 75f to 80f is best for veg and bloom,but a few degrees either way shouldn't have any affect. Humidity for veg should be around 60 to 70 % and 40 to 50% for flowering.

I wish I had the time and equipment to properly maintain the perfect environment. So just for perspective Gauge, my plants have never experienced a RH above 40% or an ambient temp over 75°f. Due to where I live my average temp and RH is 68°f/30% rh. During the winter it's about 65° and 27%rh. And due to me being cheap and lazy I don't run heaters or humidifiers. With all this being said. I have never lost a seedling or a plant.....ever....I guess my yields would be better if I managed the environment better but would it be worth the time, money, and effort or worry. My yields have averaged close to 2oz a plant. My best is around 3oz from a fast n vast, my smallest was a Blackstone at just over an ounce. All of it super quality bud that my wife and friends absolutely love.
With all this being said. If you can create a perfect and stable environment for your ladies you are gonna do great with autos, but even if you can't, you are still going to do really good and have some nice bud in the end.
I am not a super experienced grower and am constantly in a state of learning. I have nowhere near the experience of some of the legends we have here on AFN so keep that in mind. But I am proof that things don't have to be perfect to grow a nice auto and have fun doing it.
I will be looking for your journal. Happy growing my friend :cools:

Back