Indoor Second Grow, Nirvana Bubblicious and AK-48 - 2 Each

nicecoolbud

Apprentice Autowarrior
Reaction score
OK. Round two - here we go. :)

Grow space: approximately 4x4 feet with 4-4.5 foot ceiling. Vipar Spectra V600 LED panel.The grow area is surrounded on three sides with mylar space blankets.

Growing medium: 3 gallon nursery pots filled with DIY soil (Coco noir, earthworm castings, mushroom compost, sand and perlite)

Two Nirvana Bubblelicious and two Nirvana AK-48s were planted in my special soil in perforated dixie cups on 12/10. They popped on the 14th. I lost one AK-48 and another was planted in another dixie cup on 12/26. The original 3 are now in 3 gallon pots while I wait on the newbie to grow into transplant size.

And...they're off. :biggrin:

IMG_5869.JPG

LST begins next week...

Last edited:
Looking good NCB ... both can be a lot of fun to grow ... :pass:

I really intended to update this thread more often but, as usual, stoner procrastination has won out. :biggrin:

I'm at day 34 on the grow and down to 3 plants. Early on, I transplanted one of the AK-48s and she did not like it. She just quit growing altogether so now I'm down to 2 Bubblelicious and one AK-48.

All three plants are growing in a fury. Both varieties are completely different from the Northern Lights of my first grow. The Northern Lights were really compact with very little space between nodes. These are stretching much more. The Bubblelicious are stretching a lot where the AK-48 is more moderate. I added a bit more LST to the Bubblelicious this morning but left the AK-48 were it is, except for trimming away the yellow leaves toward the bottom.

Here they are before the additional training.

Bubblicious [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
IMG_5909.JPG

[HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]
IMG_5910.JPG

AK-48
IMG_5911.JPG

Sorry about the pics. I should have spun around and taken them from the other direction. The reflective material in the background makes it hard to see the detail.

Promise to do better next time. :biggrin:

Cheers and Happy Growing!

I really intended to update this thread more often but, as usual, stoner procrastination has won out. :biggrin:

I'm at day 34 on the grow and down to 3 plants. Early on, I transplanted one of the AK-48s and she did not like it. She just quit growing altogether so now I'm down to 2 Bubblelicious and one AK-48.

All three plants are growing in a fury. Both varieties are completely different from the Northern Lights of my first grow. The Northern Lights were really compact with very little space between nodes. These are stretching much more. The Bubblelicious are stretching a lot where the AK-48 is more moderate. I added a bit more LST to the Bubblelicious this morning but left the AK-48 were it is, except for trimming away the yellow leaves toward the bottom.

Here they are before the additional training.

Bubblicious [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
View attachment 687530

[HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]
View attachment 687531

AK-48
View attachment 687532

Sorry about the pics. I should have spun around and taken them from the other direction. The reflective material in the background makes it hard to see the detail.

Promise to do better next time. :biggrin:

Cheers and Happy Growing!

not bad bro should be some great smoke for ya soon!

your plants look great!

:pass:

Well I did a really abysmal job of documenting the grow. I'm close to done with it so I'll do a little review...

I planted 2 each of AK-48 and Bubblelicious. One AK-48 didn't make it due to my fumbling attempt to transplant the seedling. I planted another but it never popped. So the grow consisted of 2 bubblelicious and one AK-48.
IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG

As the plants entered flowering the bubblelicious started smelling amazing. The smell literally made me hungry.

The bubblicious was ready so I took a PTO day yesterday and harvested them. :biggrin:
IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG
IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

As you can see from the photos above, I wound up with two really different phenotypes. One stayed primarily green and the other red. But they both smelled absolutely amazing and were sticky right down to the main stem.

I can't wait to try this stuff. Nirvanna Bubblelicious is supposed to be medium in the THC department but the amount of resin makes me think otherwise.

I rubbed all the sticky goo off my fingers and trimmer blades, mixed it with a tiny bit of dried leaf and bonged it. Very nice! :smoking:

Wet bud weight: 127 grams. :biggrin:

The AK-48 still has another week or so to go.

Attachments

• IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 137
Very nice! Looking forward to the smoke report

10 days since I harvested the Bubblelicious. This stuff was resin soaked and the buds have a strong sweet heavy smell. It smells of candied sour orange. Not bubble gummy at all. When I burp the bud jar it smells up the room big time.

I smoked a bit of bud for the first time last night.

Taste: Sweet orange citrus with a tad of incense on exhale. Excellent.
Buzz: Fairly strong social buzz. Comes on pretty slowly and makes me smile. Lasts 3-4 hours. A really good daytime buzz that doesn't overpower the ability to get stuff done.

I like this smoke and will definitely grow it again.

Back