SANlight sanlight EVO 140 and 60 series perpetual grow with biotabs Dutch passion kerosine krash sssc and seedstockers

All depends on your soil!
Not all soils are the same.
If you were using a light mix soil then yes you would need to feed.
If you used super soil then it is possible you could go without feeding.
However there is the fact that some plants are just damn greedy and some are lighter feeders.
You may find by watching your plant it will let you know it wants more food, if you know what to watch for.
Sometimes it maybe in need of some calmag or maybe some molasses for carbs when in flower.
It all comes down the how the variables stack up.
Type of soil?
How hungry a particular strain is?
Is it a plant that stays under a meter or is it one that will turn into a 2 meter jungle bush?
What is the make up of your soil and is it designed for a whole grow with no feed?
Always have amendments at hand even if you don't plan on feeding and just using ph'ed water because if you need it , you will need it quick, if a deficiency shows up.
Are you using myco's & bennies, these can help improve uptake and also make certain nutrients more available to your plant especially in organic soil.
How efficient are your lights? The more efficient the light the higher the demands can be for nutrients.
Are you foliar feeding your plants as well?
You may find if you use something like a supersoil, it may be too hot(strong) for young seedling and that you may need to start them of gently in a lighter soil/mix and then pot them up to the stronger supersoil.
I'm using sohums live soil its meant to carry a plant from start to finish and I recon small to medium plants that maybe the case but my big girl I recon has eaten a lot of it anyhow I gave her some ecothrive charge and biosy the other day trying to give her a pick me up but I'm all ears if you can suggest anything I have some life cycle also and some biotabs .i was also going to give the big girl a foliar spray of calmag today and once again mid week maybe

Hey Tom, quick question, what do you think on the 25 L autopot system for the soil and an auto, would it be enough then to not need to add stuff? In your opinion?
Cheers,
EP3
I would say so bro I'm only using 15lr and I think a medium size plant will make it with 15 but I think what your saying will work even better

Still on my plan then. Need to get my light sorted first and foremost it has started to flicker dim and brighter. Only a year and a half old. Warranty says I need to pay shipping both ways and for the repair!? Might be better with a new light, shipping and insurance on it will not be cheap.
Hopefully they are decent and have good customer service and sort me out.
Anyway, my plants are still growing so happy days on that front. Lol.
Cheers,
EP3

@EP3 @St. Tom
I've done a bit of digging and this is what I found.

SoHum Living Soils® has been designed to deliver nutrients for the entire life cycle of a cannabis plant. Consider replenishing the soil with additional nutrients if you wish to re-use the soil for future crops.

The amount of SoHum Living Soils® required to grow the desired cannabis plant has as much to do about your management (i.e., strain selection, pruning, watering, etc.) as it does with the amount of soil. In general, we recommend that under seven gallons of SoHum Living Soils® can support a 3-foot cannabis plant in an indoor setting.
*We need to remember not all Gallons are equal. In this case we know SoHum's are and American company, so we will use American Gallons but wait there are wet and dry Gallons in american. So in this instance we will assume it is dry gallons.
  • US dry gallon = 4.40 Liters
  • US liquid gallon = 3.78 Liters
  • UK Imperial gallon = 4.5Liters
So if we "assume" that we are working in US dry gallons, then 7 gallons is equal to 30.8 Liters (Please check with SoHams, if you want to verify this)!

So we are looking @ 30.8 Liters of SoHum Living Soils® for a 3 foot or 1 meter cannabis plant.
Many hybrids grow on average between 80CM to 120CM.
Depending of how greedy, your strain is (often mentioned in seed seller blurb, whether it is a light or heavy feeder (if not contact the breeder, they are often very happy to help you grow their genetics)
So 25 Liters could possibly see a 70-80CM plant through to the end, if they are "Light to Regular feeders". You will still need to play this by ear and adapt to the plants needs and wants! Calmag is often something that pops up but as you mentioned @St. Tom Foliar spraying calmag is the fastest and most direct way of amending the problem.

As for young plants and seedlings, I mentioned that a super or a complete living soil may be too hot.
SoHum Living Soils® do not recommend starting seeds in SoHum Living Soil. Use a well rooted plant for best results!

Storage of SoHum Living Soils® are alive! It is important to note that SoHum Living Soils® come in perforated bags which allow for air exchange, so as long as the bags are being stored in an area where there is some flow of air. Store SoHum Living Soils® in a cool, dry environment. SoHum Living Soils® bags should be kept at temperatures above freezing and should not get waterlogged. Each bag comes with an expiration date and after that date the expected numbers of beneficial microbes may be reduced.

Do you need to monitor pH? SoHum Living Soils® are pH balanced for cannabis. The high organic matter levels serve as a buffer and help compensate for watering that may increase or decrease the pH of the soil.

Need some help check the FAQ's on the website https://sohumsoils.com/faq/ or call them on 1-866-308-0750 or submit a contact form on our website.

Pre grow check list
How big does you strain grow? Check breeder website or ask them.

Is it a heavy of light feeder.Check breeder website or ask them.

Are your pots the correct size for the size of plant your growing. ie 30.8 Liters for a 3ft/1mtr plant
If in doubt go up a pot size to the advised quantity of soil, don't go down in pot sizes, this aint hydro, the plant will suffer.

Do you have emergency amendments for just in case? Calmag for calmag def and some seaweed based feed for foliar if N def.
Both of these can be foliar fed up until flowering after that is advised not to foliar feed.
SoHum Living Soils®do not advise adding amendment but if you need to, then take it slow and don't go wild sloshing thesoil with nutes.

Remember 7gallons/30.8 Liters is the recommended quantity for a 3ft or 1mtr plant if you plant will grow bigger then go up a pot size and use more SoHum Living Soils®

A rough rule of thumb (I divided 30.8 Liters by 10 giving me an answer of 3.08 Liters) so if your plant is said to grow to 120CM or 4ft you would need 35.96 Liters.
Just make sure this understandable a 3ft/1mtr plant needs 30.8 Liters.
So for every 10CM/4inches, taller than 3ft/1mtr, you need to add 3.08 Liters of SoHum Living Soils®and make sure you have a pot large enough for that soil to go in!

Somethings you will just have to ball park based on the data you have and in the method in which you grow.
The more you use a product, which in this case is soil, the more in tune you will become with it.

As with anything new to you, there is often an element of trial and error!

EP3

Thank you for that!

Olderfart

Really nice information. Makes me happy about my 30 liter soil pots in this grow, not Sohum, but still. :)
Thanks @arty zan so its pretty certain shes hungry so the other day as i said i gave her a small top feed of ecothrive charge and biosy mixed and as i have biotabs i snapped one in half and pushed both deep into the pot also these are 15 ltr autopot s and today i fed her foliar with some calmag and i will do this once again midweek if i feels she need s it and i dont feel shes gone any worse .anyhow going forward im just going to see how she fares and how does that sound bro also this has all been over 5 days so ive done small changes lol
20211018_200259.jpg
20211018_200232.jpg
20211018_200241.jpg
20211018_200236.jpg
20211018_200226.jpg

Thanks @arty zan so its pretty certain shes hungry so the other day as i said i gave her a small top feed of ecothrive charge and biosy mixed and as i have biotabs i snapped one in half and pushed both deep into the pot also these are 15 ltr autopot s and today i fed her foliar with some calmag and i will do this once again midweek if i feels she need s it and i dont feel shes gone any worse .anyhow going forward im just going to see how she fares and how does that sound bro also this has all been over 5 days so ive done small changes lol View attachment 1379311View attachment 1379312View attachment 1379313View attachment 1379314View attachment 1379316
So yeah she does look hungry and looks like N def.
However if is she is out of veg now, that shouln't be so much of a concern from now on, if it is corrected.
It is still early enough for a foliar feed, which you have done.
She doesn't look to far into flowering and it is Calmag problems that appear around sexual maturity 3-4 week into the grow.
What you have done, sounds good and the biotab is a great idea.
Biotabs are slow release, so they won't overwhelm the plant with an overdose of nutes!
Foliar calmag, I like that, whether that is the problem of not, as it won't affect the plant adversely and is the quickest way of getting calmag into your plant, if that is the probelm, I don't see intervienal fade though! (maybe the photograph though)!
You could also ask Waira, the man is a genius with thing like this, though we often come to the same conclusions but between us he is the top man, I would say!

So yeah she does look hungry and looks like N def.
However if is she is out of veg now, that shouln't be so much of a concern from now on, if it is corrected.
It is still early enough for a foliar feed, which you have done.
She doesn't look to far into flowering and it is Calmag problems that appear around sexual maturity 3-4 week into the grow.
What you have done, sounds good and the biotab is a great idea.
Biotabs are slow release, so they won't overwhelm the plant with an overdose of nutes!
Foliar calmag, I like that, whether that is the problem of not, as it won't affect the plant adversely and is the quickest way of getting calmag into your plant, if that is the probelm, I don't see intervienal fade though! (maybe the photograph though)!
You could also ask Waira, the man is a genius with thing like this, though we often come to the same conclusions but between us he is the top man, I would say!
thanks so much, bro and I will tag @Waira to see his thoughts as she s well in flower now and once I see how she behaves decide where to go from here as if she was in just normal soil I could just hit her with bloom feed but this sohums makes that very hard .but besides that the other 2 medium plants look great

thanks so much, bro and I will tag @Waira to see his thoughts as she s well in flower now and once I see how she behaves decide where to go from here as if she was in just normal soil I could just hit her with bloom feed but this sohums makes that very hard .but besides that the other 2 medium plants look great
Your a clever chap, I think your are doing the right things
Waira is the man when it comes to deficiencies and sick plants.
Namvet knows a thing or three as well.
Never easy when trying something new.
she is a fat girl, that looks to be 3-4 foot at her tallest!
What size pot you using 20Liter? If so then I'd say she is underfed according to Sohum advice on how many Liters a 3 foot plant needs for a full no feed grow.
30.8 liters for a 3 foot plant add another 3.08 liters for every 10CM(4 inches) over 100CM(39 inches) or that's my guess (going by the breeders height estimate).

Your a clever chap, I think your are doing the right things
Waira is the man when it comes to deficiencies and sick plants.
Namvet knows a thing or three as well.
Never easy when trying something new.
she is a fat girl, that looks to be 3-4 foot at her tallest!
What size pot you using 20Liter? If so then I'd say she is underfed according to Sohum advice on how many Liters a 3 foot plant needs for a full no feed grow.
30.8 liters for a 3 foot plant add another 3.08 liters for every 10CM(4 inches) over 100CM(39 inches) or that's my guess (going by the breeders height estimate).
no mate 15 litre autopot s so I just need to try keep her happy

Thanks @arty zan so its pretty certain shes hungry so the other day as i said i gave her a small top feed of ecothrive charge and biosy mixed and as i have biotabs i snapped one in half and pushed both deep into the pot also these are 15 ltr autopot s and today i fed her foliar with some calmag and i will do this once again midweek if i feels she need s it and i dont feel shes gone any worse .anyhow going forward im just going to see how she fares and how does that sound bro also this has all been over 5 days so ive done small changes lol View attachment 1379311View attachment 1379312View attachment 1379313View attachment 1379314View attachment 1379316

How long ago did you put the biotabs in? Remember they take about a week to start working. If you’ve got any Orgatrex and Bactrex knocking about they’ll give that biotab a bit of extra umph as well…

Back