Reusing soil

JP1

Johnny Blazin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I'm trying to reuse my 30 gallons of water from last year. Was made with 15gal peat moss, 10gal perlite, 3gallons of worm castings, 2gallons of compost and the KIS nutrient pack. Didn't really grow anything but fantastic cover crop but that's totally my fault. So my question is how to amend. Will be 3 10gal pots with 3 or 4 plants per. These are the directions to reamend from the KIS pack
PXL_20220420_021708297.jpg

So should I just do this like it says or should I layer the soil since I'm growing autos? Like top half last years soil and bottom half amended?

I don't know anything about KIS.
I can tell you that you don't want to layer your pots. The only time I have different media in the same pot is when direct planting in an amended media that may be too hot for seedlings. I'll dig out a hole where I want to plant and put in some milder media.
Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

Don't layer soil. Just follow the simple instructions on the package. If there was a better way don't you think they would tell you?
I was thinking about layering because the directions aren't for autos and it seems like layering is pretty common with soils that are too hot for seedlings :shrug:

I was thinking about layering because the directions aren't for autos and it seems like layering is pretty common with soils that are too hot for seedlings :shrug:
A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in 3 days.

IMPO Layering for seedlings is a crutch for not having proper soil in the first place. :pass:

Amend it and let it sit until next grow. Stir it around every once in awhile. If you let it compost 3 months it won't be hot. I start seeds directly
in my soil.

Back