Lighting Question from a new grower.

Reaction score
I'm going to be starting a small tent grow. I have to be discreet so im using a smaller tent. I'd also like to say that I'm not rich so obviously I'm not looking for expensive recommendations. I already have 1 LED light and am thinking about adding another. This is what I need help with.

So I'm going to be using a 36"x20"x63" tent

I'm hoping to be able to do 1-4 plants. 3 was my hope but honestly not sure how many would be good for the space.

I have a Bloom Plus BP1000 LED its around 95 actual wattage.

I was thinking of adding a 150w hps system but I've seen a lot of reviews saying they arnt worth it.

My other options was a Mars Hydro TS 600. I've seen so many great reviews I don't doubt this light would be worth it.

I'm just looking for some suggestions. Which would help me more, or is there another light option that would be better.
(Please no 300 dollar light suggestions lol)

I have a vivosun 4 inch online fan with controller for the tent if that helps with the suggestions.

I'm going to be starting a small tent grow. I have to be discreet so im using a smaller tent. I'd also like to say that I'm not rich so obviously I'm not looking for expensive recommendations. I already have 1 LED light and am thinking about adding another. This is what I need help with.

So I'm going to be using a 36"x20"x63" tent

I'm hoping to be able to do 1-4 plants. 3 was my hope but honestly not sure how many would be good for the space.

I have a Bloom Plus BP1000 LED its around 95 actual wattage.

I was thinking of adding a 150w hps system but I've seen a lot of reviews saying they arnt worth it.

My other options was a Mars Hydro TS 600. I've seen so many great reviews I don't doubt this light would be worth it.

I'm just looking for some suggestions. Which would help me more, or is there another light option that would be better.
(Please no 300 dollar light suggestions lol)

I have a vivosun 4 inch online fan with controller for the tent if that helps with the suggestions.
@JackNC420:welcome: Welcome to AFN:welcome:. You would get too much heat from an HPS in such a small tent. I would recommend an Autocob by @BigSm0

You can buy one now and add another one later if needed. You really only have space for two plants and that will be tight.

Welcome and yes a autocob would be good.. I grow with 3 older gen 55w so 165 total watts. My last harvest was a bit over 9 ounces of 3 plants 5 gallon fabric in a 32x32x63 tent. I sscrogged tho could of been more but one plant I didn't vegged it long enough.

This round im doing autoflowers in same pots and all organics w worms.

Very happy with my 2 TS600'S in 2x4x60 tent. Will probably add 1 more after this grow finishes.

In that size space you could certainly fill it with a single plant, but two would be a good quantity, anything more than that is pointless as you cause yourself more work and agro and get nothing for it. The only point in growing 3 or 4 plants would be to do it just to have 3 or 4 different strains, but you would have to do some severe trimming, so even then you'd need to get some experience under your belt. My recommendation is to start with one plant in that space and move up to two on the next grow.

I use the little QB96 Elite boards and I like them a lot, however I won a Mars TS2000W in a competition so I got to try it out, and I was impressed with the lack of heat, the whole thing stays pretty cool. They also put out a well spread light meaning you can keep them closer to the plant another plus in a small space. The TS2000 is too wide for your space but the TS600 as recommenced above, is the same light but smaller, and I think it's always better to have more smaller lights than one bigger light as you can angle them in and tailor it better. For the record my TS2000 was putting out 280W and drawing about 310W at the wall, that that's not bad. 3 TS600's would work well.

Back