Indoor Qbgrowers perpetual grow in a 4x4 with 480w of Quantum Boards

Bro look at my last grow totally seeded so don't think I've got any more skill or experience but the sanlight led are like the ferrari of lights so a lots down to having them and my room dialed in even Antonio is a fan and uses them. Anyhow I'd start letting them have dry days off the res so after pk that's when mine get there's but I really don't think your overwatering mate but I'm unsure how ya best to proceed but Antonio is my corner man on my organics journey
I'm going to have a look tonight to see if they have hermied on me. Fingers crossed thats not the case.

You're right mate. A lot of this growing malarky is down to luck as its a living thing. The skill is trying to minimise the risk I suppose.

Thanks for the advice mate.

Yeah I think there's definitely been some stress related growth problems. I had a lot of springtails a few weeks ago and I couldn't get to the trays to clean so I added a drop of neem oil to each. I wonder if that's been the problem? Or the schwazzing? Or maybe they need a little bit more of dryback? I've left the autopot off since the top feed so I may leave it for another day or two?

The light is definitely strong enough. Its 240w of top bin lm301b evos from invisible sun in the UK. Canopy distance around 18 inches so I don't see that being the problem. I was away for a week so turned the lights down around 20% as I was worried about heat when I was away.{had to close the windows) It's back at 100% now.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks mate, I'll be honest I get growers envy when I look at yours... :pighug:

Qb
Aha... well a week long 20% of 240w goes for around 50w of power for a (how big is your grow room again? 120x60cm?) Guess around 0,5-0.7m2 or so right? Having the light at 20% is still pretty low, even not strong enough for clones to really thrive (and they can use fairly low light levels). Plants in flowering, and especially during the bulk phase you need high PPFD levels and a decent DLI. So having it around week 5-6 of flowering is definitely not good for its development.
This is combination with the schwazzing and prob higher humidity levels during this 1 week absence period could explain the smaller buds and faster ripening we are seeing.. but again, it's all could be, theoretical stuff..
One last thing. Could too strong a breeze from the circulation fan cause this? @Antonio_DutchPassion @St. Tom

Qb
Normally no, although an extremely strong wind can mess with the ability of the plant to sweat/evaporate and influencing its physiology (bud structure) I think you didn't have it that extreme right? If its still a breeze I wouldn't think so...

I'm going to have a look tonight to see if they have hermied on me. Fingers crossed thats not the case.
You're right mate. A lot of this growing malarky is down to luck as its a living thing. The skill is trying to minimise the risk I suppose.

100% true mate, it mostly comes down to the environment and the way they are treated. A stable grow room environment works wonders.. and its mostly about mitigating stress/risks. These were other genetics though, but all genetics can go hermie, it's a natural defence mechanism of the plant to let the species survive, although we as breeders have a task to work with the most sturdy and stable specimens, hence keeping this trait far at the background...

Cheers my man, hope they will still bulk, they can still surprise you now the lights is on and you can care for them!:cheers:

Aha... well a week long 20% of 240w goes for around 50w of power for a (how big is your grow room again? 120x60cm?) Guess around 0,5-0.7m2 or so right? Having the light at 20% is still pretty low, even not strong enough for clones to really thrive (and they can use fairly low light levels). Plants in flowering, and especially during the bulk phase you need high PPFD levels and a decent DLI. So having it around week 5-6 of flowering is definitely not good for its development.
This is combination with the schwazzing and prob higher humidity levels during this 1 week absence period could explain the smaller buds and faster ripening we are seeing.. but again, it's all could be, theoretical stuff..

Normally no, although an extremely strong wind can mess with the ability of the plant to sweat/evaporate and influencing its physiology (bud structure) I think you didn't have it that extreme right? If its still a breeze I wouldn't think so...

100% true mate, it mostly comes down to the environment and the way they are treated. A stable grow room environment works wonders.. and its mostly about mitigating stress/risks. These were other genetics though, but all genetics can go hermie, it's a natural defence mechanism of the plant to let the species survive, although we as breeders have a task to work with the most sturdy and stable specimens, hence keeping this trait far at the background...

Cheers my man, hope they will still bulk, they can still surprise you now the lights is on and you can care for them!:cheers:
No, no not lights at 20% reduced by 20% to 80% power. Sorry should've made it clearer.

Qb

Cheers mate. I really appreciate all your help

So a quick summary. Lights were down at 80% power for 8 days and the humidity was ok between 45% and 60% when I was away as I got new oil radiators and an inkbird controller. The AC infinity circulation fans are just blowing across the top at setting 5. I added a drop of neem oil to each autopot tray when full of water to kill springtails around 3 weeks ago and I have sneaking suspicion this may be the culprit? Along with too much schwazzing.

I tried to look at the plants for balls tonight but I've sent my glasses away to get new lenses in and using older ones in the mean time that I can hardly see with 👓 :nono: making it impossible.

New camera tomorrow so I'll take more pics of the buds and post an update.

Qb

Thanks for clearing that up! At 80% that should normally not be the cause... and no worries mate, trying to understand this is partly fun too haha. About the neem-oil, I have no idea tbh. Never seen someone use it in the autopot reservoir.. You can normally use it as a spray on the plants too so if I had to make a guess I don't think that will be the cause of it. Might be the schwazzing then or you need to lower the light a bit (and thus increase the ppfd at canopy level).

What makes it weird is that the plants seem to be in great shape.. but there is still time for them to bulk, so let's see, they should become a lot bigger still, definitely :thumbsup:

Thanks for clearing that up! At 80% that should normally not be the cause... and no worries mate, trying to understand this is partly fun too haha. About the neem-oil, I have no idea tbh. Never seen someone use it in the autopot reservoir.. You can normally use it as a spray on the plants too so if I had to make a guess I don't think that will be the cause of it. Might be the schwazzing then or you need to lower the light a bit (and thus increase the ppfd at canopy level).

What makes it weird is that the plants seem to be in great shape.. but there is still time for them to bulk, so let's see, they should become a lot bigger still, definitely :thumbsup:
Haha always fun to learn. I put one drop of neem oil in the individual trays not the reservoir. The scrog net made it impossible to lift the pots and clean them so in my mind that was my only option. And to be fair it did work :smokeit:no more springtails.

Ive just bought the light meter that migro recommends so I'm going to do a little test at lights on tonight or tomorrow morning to check ppfd and adjust accordingly.

The plants really are looking great in terms of colour and general health just needed them to bulk up.

Do you think I should keep feeding bio pk and some pk booster?

Qb

Yeah that's what I ment, the individual reservoirs/trays, but anyway, don't think that's the problem. Btw springtails are often present in higher humidity areas or in pots/plants that have a bit too much water, so an autopot system is the perfect place for them, and from what I always understood they don't do any real damage. Just clean up dead material/fungi, some might even say they are beneficial for clearing waste.

Giving Bio PK during this phase is definitely a plus! They can use all the help they can get.

Yeah that's what I ment, the individual reservoirs/trays, but anyway, don't think that's the problem. Btw springtails are often present in higher humidity areas or in pots/plants that have a bit too much water, so an autopot system is the perfect place for them, and from what I always understood they don't do any real damage. Just clean up dead material/fungi, some might even say they are beneficial for clearing waste.

Giving Bio PK during this phase is definitely a plus! They can use all the help they can get.
Yeah I read springtails were beneficial but I felt they had the potential to get out of controla and didnt want them spilling out into the house. The Mrs would've killed me. They appeared when I got sloppy and left a lot of leaves around the top of the soil.

I'll give a little more pk tonight at lights on before before turning on the autopot again.

Cheers
Qb

Back