New Grower ProMix LED vs HPS

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Long time lurker first time poster. I've learned pretty much everything I know about autos from this site so thanks to everyone who has contributed and helped me out.

I'm am about to start up my second grow in a few weeks and my wife has agreed to let me use our spare bedroom instead of the detached garage behind our house this time so I want to take advantage. I'm going to be running 2 tents: a 3x3 with a 400 W HPS and supplemental CFLs and a 4x4 with a 1000 W LED and supplemental CFLs.

Strains:
Stitch's Love Potion by Flash Seeds
Diesel Auto by Royal Queen Seeds
Critical Ogre by Seedsman
White Train by Memphisto

I am planning on using ProMix as my medium this time around. Only this is I have seen people say to use ProMix HP with LED and BX with HPS. The reason being HP dries quicker than BX and if possible I would like to keep both tents on the same feeding schedule. Promix only comes in 3.8 cubic foot bails at the local hydro store and one of those should be more than enough for all my 5 gallon buckets.

So my question is should I get HP and add vermiculite to the buckets I put in the tent with the HPS or should I get BX and add perlite to the buckets I put in the tent with the LED?

Thanks for any input y'all got.

Peace,

Natty

Back