Possible Issues with my Tangerine Dream

Reaction score
Problem: I’ve attached some pictures for you guys to check out. Basically this is my first auto, approximately 46 days old. I have had some spotting, yellowing of the leaves now and what appears to be red tips on new growth. I believe I was/am dealing with a calcium and phosphorus issue which may be the result of messed up PH.

Medium/grow method: Fox Farms Ocean Forest with a few TSP of dolomite lime in a 3 gallon fabric pot.

Feed and supplements used: Top dressed with 2 tbs of Dr Earth home grown and 2 Tbs of flower girl at week 3. As well as two tsp of flower girl at day 44.

water source: Chlorinated tap water left out for atleast one day. PH down to 6.0-6.5 using apple cider vinegar. I thought the tap water Might have been the issue so my past few waterings have been using distilled water. Every other watering I use recharge also. Generally water everyday 3-4 days.

Strain/age: Tangerine Dream Auto- Growers Choice Seeds. 46 days.

light used: HLG QB 96v2 with 185 watt driver. Approximately 29-30 inches from plant.

Climate: 2x2 tent. Average temp is 74F and RH is 50%

Attachments

• 8B0B9BBF-85C8-4A8E-B6E5-40AB91225A79.jpeg
    8B0B9BBF-85C8-4A8E-B6E5-40AB91225A79.jpeg
    9.3 MB · Views: 91
  • F8638A91-8C97-4D40-9553-A4ADD309845A.jpeg
    F8638A91-8C97-4D40-9553-A4ADD309845A.jpeg
    8.9 MB · Views: 85
  • 88FA175C-60F4-43D1-9724-6157A784D211.jpeg
    88FA175C-60F4-43D1-9724-6157A784D211.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 81
  • 6E9456BE-4A52-472B-B2D2-AB7785BFE395.jpeg
    6E9456BE-4A52-472B-B2D2-AB7785BFE395.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 5B0BCA10-170B-4F9D-AFC1-B07D5B2482A4.jpeg
    5B0BCA10-170B-4F9D-AFC1-B07D5B2482A4.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
Couple thoughts. They look hungry! They look possibly overwatered. Another consideration is when the photos were taken. Often people mistake the plants hitting DLI for overwatering. If the photos were taken close to lights out they may have hit their DLI max and are taking a nap. Recharge is not needed that often. Recharge speeds up the process of nutrient availability by breaking down the nutrients through microbial action. It also may make those nutrients not taken up by the plant more soluble making them more easily rinsed out of the media. As to the red they may be in premature senescence due to starving for nutrients. Going into survival mode. Love to hear other thoughts.

Couple thoughts. They look hungry! They look possibly overwatered. Another consideration is when the photos were taken. Often people mistake the plants hitting DLI for overwatering. If the photos were taken close to lights out they may have hit their DLI max and are taking a nap. Recharge is not needed that often. Recharge speeds up the process of nutrient availability by breaking down the nutrients through microbial action. It also may make those nutrients not taken up by the plant more soluble making them more easily rinsed out of the media. As to the red they may be in premature senescence due to starving for nutrients. Going into survival mode. Love to hear other thoughts.

Thank you for the response! Those pics were taken a few hours after lights on. At first I thought I might be over watering but I really don’t think that is the case now. The past few waterings I’ve used distilled water and I think that is helping some. I’ll cut down on recharge to once every other week also! My last grow I was using jacks all purpose and jacks bloom. For this grow I wanted to go more organic to try it out hence the use of Dr. Earth in my fox farms ocean forest. If the plant needs more food I could do a watering with some jacks bloom. But I question how many PPMs would be needed and I do have concerns that could damage my micro herd by introducing synthetics.

I have attached a new photo that was taken last night about 40 mins after lights on under 5000k bulbs.

Attachments

• A75E1A2C-3CB6-448B-BFCB-CB94864D2C8B.jpeg
    A75E1A2C-3CB6-448B-BFCB-CB94864D2C8B.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 29
Thank you for the response! Those pics were taken a few hours after lights on. At first I thought I might be over watering but I really don’t think that is the case now. The past few waterings I’ve used distilled water and I think that is helping some. I’ll cut down on recharge to once every other week also! My last grow I was using jacks all purpose and jacks bloom. For this grow I wanted to go more organic to try it out hence the use of Dr. Earth in my fox farms ocean forest. If the plant needs more food I could do a watering with some jacks bloom. But I question how many PPMs would be needed and I do have concerns that could damage my micro herd by introducing synthetics.

I have attached a new photo that was taken last night about 40 mins after lights on under 5000k bulbs.
Definitely not overwatering I think. Hungry!
Dr. Earth and the like are 2 tablespoons per gallon of soil/media. If you have any foliar nutes id hit that for a quick burst. If you have any liquid organic nutes like fish emulsion that would be great. As far as PPM you should easily be able to go 600 after factoring for base water. Some of my plants will take 1000. Make sure you know if your meter is 500 or 700 scale unless ofc you are using EC.

Definitely not overwatering I think. Hungry!
Dr. Earth and the like are 2 tablespoons per gallon of soil/media. If you have any foliar nutes id hit that for a quick burst. If you have any liquid organic nutes like fish emulsion that would be great. As far as PPM you should easily be able to go 600 after factoring for base water. Some of my plants will take 1000. Make sure you know if your meter is 500 or 700 scale unless ofc you are using EC.

Thanks a lot! I’ll definitely top dress with a little more Dr. Earth Flower girl tonight. The issue probably is I nute burned my last plant using synthetic so I’ve been too conservative with this one.

I don’t have any foliar nutes but I will probably order some Neptune’s Harvest fish and seaweed to add in.

I’m not sure what scale my meter is I’ll have to check it out and see and go from there!

Hungry all the way.Soil is tapped.so the PH and buffering are weakening.Bet theyre thirsty too. :pass:
Thank you! I’m adding more flower girl tonight and I’m waiting for my Neptune’s harvest! Hoping. This doesn’t impact the flower too much.

Pretty early in flower. She has time. I always error on the side of caution. I go 1.5 tablespoon per gallon of media. I also use teas and kelp and Alfalfa and aloe and...

Pretty early in flower. She has time. I always error on the side of caution. I go 1.5 tablespoon per gallon of media. I also use teas and kelp and Alfalfa and aloe and...

I probabaly should have done that but I ended up using 4 tbs of Flower girl and 2 Tbs Of Home grown in my 3 gallon pot. Along with a cup of fresh fox farms ocean forest. I mixed that together and too dressed it into the soil and watered with a little distilled.

I’m assuming that will be enough to carry it through the next month of flower or so. I have the Neptune’s harvest to use also when that arrives. I’m assuming I’ll use that during one of my waterings.

I probabaly should have done that but I ended up using 4 tbs of Flower girl and 2 Tbs Of Home grown in my 3 gallon pot. Along with a cup of fresh fox farms ocean forest. I mixed that together and too dressed it into the soil and watered with a little distilled.

I’m assuming that will be enough to carry it through the next month of flower or so. I have the Neptune’s harvest to use also when that arrives. I’m assuming I’ll use that during one of my waterings.
It will be enough to get you through the finish. Easy on the recharge next 2 weeks. Let the fertilizer cool off

Back