PH Perfect Soil PH Perfect Nutrients.

Reaction score
First off, thank you to everyone who takes the time to reply to my multiple post. The amount of information I am getting is fantastic. My question is about PH Perfect…..well everything…This has to do with the water source and if you PH the water with the PH Perfect items. I will be using mainly tap water. I have Sensi Grow and Bloom A+B. I am also getting Biobizz light mix. I purchased this because of a member’s easy to grow guide for autos. Do I PH my water from the tap or does the PH perfect take care of that?

Do I need to dechlorinate the water before use etc.. I know this post is kinda needy and I need my hand held through something that seems simple. I have a TBI so breaking it down to the simplest explanation is why I ask so many questions like this. Holding onto information and finding the correct one is actually harder than it sounds for me. Thank you again to this amazing community and to those who reply. Enjoy the rest of your week. Take care

Following the AutoBeast guide? I did the same thing! I can give you some help.....

So, it works. But, it's a bit off in a few places. Especially strength as far as I can tell. AB is a top grower so his management is probably spot on and his guide is a rough outline.

Do you have a pH pen/meter?
Do you have an EC/ppm meter?

You will need both. Not just for this grow but going forward they will be invaluable tools. I still consider myself quite new to growing and as such haven't gone for a lot of high dollar toys yet.

BioBizz Light Mix is good stuff. It has plenty of nutrients in it to get you through the first 2-3 weeks on it's own and possibly week 4. Try and keep your pH to 6.3-6.4 and your plants will be happy in it. You will need to cycle between water and feedings. Usually a water, water, water, feed, water, water, water, feed schedule should work well for you. Watering is a bit of an art. You will probably have several days in between each watering so be patient. Water when the pot gets light but not too light. Moist not wet. I found if you let BBLM dry out completely, the top layer gets very very hard and difficult to re-wet.

AN "pH perfect" does work. I found that it did not "pH" my water until I was in the upper 3/4/5ml per litre range. So it is very dependent on starting water. Their schedule is based on using distilled or reverse osmosis 0ppm water. The best advice I can give is to mix your water and nutrients. Let it sit. I noticed the pH would adjust over 20-30min and then settle in. Longer is better so feel free to mix a day ahead and check pH right before you give it to your plants.

You will need to test your starting water. Especially if you are using tap water. Check the pH and the ppm. When I started I used to buy jugs of distilled water from the store and cut my tap water 50/50 to bring down the ppm count and let the "pH perfect" work better. For reference my tap water is ~210 ppm and 7.8-8.2pH and full of calcium.

See if there is a municipal water report for your area. Check if they use chlorine alone or the newer chloramine.

Ok that's plenty to start. Go from there and we can start addressing things. That said, I blindly followed the guide and got 3oz off my first plant. Plant didn't look great but shoot, it finished, and came out ok.

Following the AutoBeast guide? I did the same thing! I can give you some help.....

So, it works. But, it's a bit off in a few places. Especially strength as far as I can tell. AB is a top grower so his management is probably spot on and his guide is a rough outline.

Do you have a pH pen/meter?
Do you have an EC/ppm meter?

You will need both. Not just for this grow but going forward they will be invaluable tools. I still consider myself quite new to growing and as such haven't gone for a lot of high dollar toys yet.

BioBizz Light Mix is good stuff. It has plenty of nutrients in it to get you through the first 2-3 weeks on it's own and possibly week 4. Try and keep your pH to 6.3-6.4 and your plants will be happy in it. You will need to cycle between water and feedings. Usually a water, water, water, feed, water, water, water, feed schedule should work well for you. Watering is a bit of an art. You will probably have several days in between each watering so be patient. Water when the pot gets light but not too light. Moist not wet. I found if you let BBLM dry out completely, the top layer gets very very hard and difficult to re-wet.

AN "pH perfect" does work. I found that it did not "pH" my water until I was in the upper 3/4/5ml per litre range. So it is very dependent on starting water. Their schedule is based on using distilled or reverse osmosis 0ppm water. The best advice I can give is to mix your water and nutrients. Let it sit. I noticed the pH would adjust over 20-30min and then settle in. Longer is better so feel free to mix a day ahead and check pH right before you give it to your plants.

You will need to test your starting water. Especially if you are using tap water. Check the pH and the ppm. When I started I used to buy jugs of distilled water from the store and cut my tap water 50/50 to bring down the ppm count and let the "pH perfect" work better. For reference my tap water is ~210 ppm and 7.8-8.2pH and full of calcium.

See if there is a municipal water report for your area. Check if they use chlorine alone or the newer chloramine.

Ok that's plenty to start. Go from there and we can start addressing things. That said, I blindly followed the guide and got 3oz off my first plant. Plant didn't look great but shoot, it finished, and came out ok.
Awesome! Seriously…..thank you for posting this. This helps out a lot. The water situation is what throws me off a lot. I have the testing meters you mentioned above in the mail waiting to show up. Like I said that’s always the most confusing part for some reason. PPM, EC, etc is a lot to get right just for water. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. Take care and thanks again!

Leave tap water out overnight to shed chlorine etc. then add the perfect. You don't ph, perfect does that for you.
Thank you for the information. I never knew that water (being the basics for plant life) could be so challenging. Always thought water was water so give it to the paints. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week. Take care

Attachments

• 51F69BD6-C89F-4D5E-87DB-25ACD4A3B4F6.png
    51F69BD6-C89F-4D5E-87DB-25ACD4A3B4F6.png
    652.7 KB · Views: 49
This is my water report and they haven’t updated since 2020. Not sure why I posted this but that’s what’s coming through the tap

Don’t follow autobeast guide too precisely as his methods work for him. What works for someone else may not work for you. Usually adjustments are required. I followed his guide once in the past (my second grow) and it will cause a salt build up in soil because the nutrients dosage he suggests is extremely high.. which can lead to toxicity.

I have been using and studying advanced nutrients line for two years now.

Here is a couple of answers to your questions:

1) you don’t need to ph, it comes into play itself.
2) your water doesn’t need dechorlinated.. but it does help.
3) do test your tap water ppms and get back to me if you like and I can help you further.

Key note:
Feed lightly with advanced nutrients as it’s very concentrated

Back