Grow Mediums Ph fluctuations

I really appreciate everyone’s advice. Changed the pump to only come in 4x a day on Friday, set the ph at 6.0 and we’re currently at 6.0 on Monday morning
Right now I check the plants daily so it’s not a issue, I can adjust if needed. The reason I’m converting to AutoPots is that the kids are out of the house so the wife and I want to do more on the weekends and take mini vacations. I like this system because I don’t have to worry if the power goes off while we’re gone like I would with hydro. Fill the res and go enjoy life
Hi! My ph drifts also, it's normal. I found when I had a pump in my rez it drifted more, so I removed the pump and just
stir it now and again. I start at ph 5.9 and it will drift up to ph 6.1...I am used to it. Autopots are wonderful for being able to just leave them alone and not worry. However! If you are leaving the grow alone, I would put a large tray in the bottom of your tent. I had a slow leak once that flooded my tent after 2 days of me not being home. OOPS. I now have a 4'x2' Botanicare Tent Tray in mine. Better safe than sorry :biggrin:

XOXO
Mom

Attachments

• HGC707063-01.jpg
    HGC707063-01.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
As others here do, I don't use a pump, I just stir with a stick when I am around, or ignore it when I leave for a while. I found pH drift a smaller challenge than getting nutes dialled to avoid lockout or imbalance with autopots.

Good luck with the new grow style! :goodluck: :pighug:

Hi! My ph drifts also, it's normal. I found when I had a pump in my rez it drifted more, so I removed the pump and just
stir it now and again. I start at ph 5.9 and it will drift up to ph 6.1...I am used to it. Autopots are wonderful for being able to just leave them alone and not worry. However! If you are leaving the grow alone, I would put a large tray in the bottom of your tent. I had a slow leak once that flooded my tent after 2 days of me not being home. OOPS. I now have a 4'x2' Botanicare Tent Tray in mine. Better safe than sorry :biggrin:

XOXO
Mom
Smart!

Back