Grow Mediums PH and Conductivity in hydro

thanks guys, don't even have a meter, that could bite me in the ass, get good one, my experience with compost has made me complacent, but want to push for yield, adding stuff, even though organic, but, still changing stuff, need to bring my science up

Even though I've been growing organic, having to use RO water has made the meter a continuing necessity. But I never ph the soil. properly limed and cooked soil shouldn't have ph issues. And bigger yields only requires a bigger pot in organics! You've seen my AU........ lol!

thanks guys, don't even have a meter, that could bite me in the ass, get good one, my experience with compost has made me complacent, but want to push for yield, adding stuff, even though organic, but, still changing stuff, need to bring my science up

Even though I've been growing organic, having to use RO water has made the meter a continuing necessity. But I never ph the soil. properly limed and cooked soil shouldn't have ph issues. And bigger yields only requires a bigger pot in organics! You've seen my AU........ lol!
roger that

I use my local hard tap water. It has a starting point of 440, or so. I always advise people to account for the first 100 on the TDS meter. Then remove a 100 points for anything significantly above that. So, with my 440 water, I think of that as a 340. If I want a solution strength of 1100, I would take it to 1200. This has served me well, and everyone I have seen try it also. Most of the nutrients are just calcium in hardwater.

My problem is I can't use my tap water. it kills Cannabis, but not my veggies. Took a long time to figure that one out!

I use my local hard tap water. It has a starting point of 440, or so. I always advise people to account for the first 100 on the TDS meter. Then remove a 100 points for anything significantly above that. So, with my 440 water, I think of that as a 340. If I want a solution strength of 1100, I would take it to 1200. This has served me well, and everyone I have seen try it also. Most of the nutrients are just calcium in hardwater.

Back