Extraction Personal rosin press for a beginner

Reaction score
I’m looking to get a rosin press for personal use, hoping to get into making cartridges. Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent budget press? I’ve been looking into Dulytek’s DM800 & DHP5, but have also come across a guy on Reddit (u/gettinhighsince95) who has great reviews on his productions. I've also looked into @Mañ'O'Green's DIY 6-ton press.

Or does anyone have recommendations on other budget-friendly extraction methods for carts?

Thanks!

Hey Dog,

Best way to go for DIY carts is solvent less. Mañ'O'Green's DIY press is a super way to get into the game.
I've also made a DIY press and spent about 200$ in parts. Sooo worth it!! :shooty:

Regards,

Bob

Hey my dude - I am also talking to Clay (gettinhighsince95) about getting a press.

Gonna go with his 8T option since I'm only pressing for myself (and maybe some friends).

I don't know if you know about the puffco but it has a ceramic heater and you just put your oil in there and heat qtip out and refill cart for a small dab at a time.

Hey Dog,

Best way to go for DIY carts is solvent less. Mañ'O'Green's DIY press is a super way to get into the game.
I've also made a DIY press and spent about 200$ in parts. Sooo worth it!! :shooty:

Regards,

Bob

Appreciate the response! Yeah, I was really interested in trying to put together one like Mañ'O'Green's setup, but an hesitant about the electrical side of things. How did you set yours up? Where did you source parts from?

Hey my dude - I am also talking to Clay (gettinhighsince95) about getting a press.

Gonna go with his 8T option since I'm only pressing for myself (and maybe some friends).
Nice! Yeah I'm struggling with trying to figure out if I can just DIY a whole setup or see about having him make me something. I'm on a thin budget and he seems to be about the most affordable I can find.

Appreciate the response! Yeah, I was really interested in trying to put together one like Mañ'O'Green's setup, but an hesitant about the electrical side of things. How did you set yours up? Where did you source parts from?
For the electronics and the springs I went to Ali...

The plates are made from two pieces of aluminum stock and these where drilled out with a hand drill.
For power I used a 20-ton jack. And the frame was built from 40x40mm rectangular tube which was welded with an old analogue coil welder.

Regards,

B

For the electronics and the springs I went to Ali...

The plates are made from two pieces of aluminum stock and these where drilled out with a hand drill.
For power I used a 20-ton jack. And the frame was built from 40x40mm rectangular tube which was welded with an old analogue coil welder.

Regards,

B
Oh man, appreciate all the list! Yeah, I was trying to find the exact stuff Mañ'O'Green used and was having a hard time. Seeing your parts list gives me a better idea of what to look into. I'd have to get a press setup though as I don't have access or know how when it comes to welding. Got any pics of your setup or the build process? Mañ'O'Greens DIY has been the most comprehensive build plan that I have been able to find.

Nice! Yeah I'm struggling with trying to figure out if I can just DIY a whole setup or see about having him make me something. I'm on a thin budget and he seems to be about the most affordable I can find.

You ain't lying! I looked at LowTemp and Nugsmasher, but man, those setups were pricey. I was considering dabpress, but not super psyched about Chinese-sourced metals for the platens.

Clay seems to do great work and is super involved. I'm expecting great things once I get the press and some experience under my belt.

You ain't lying! I looked at LowTemp and Nugsmasher, but man, those setups were pricey. I was considering dabpress, but not super psyched about Chinese-sourced metals for the platens.

Clay seems to do great work and is super involved. I'm expecting great things once I get the press and some experience under my belt.
Aye, I hear that! I looked into the same and was blown away by the prices. I'm a med student, so money's tight and DIY may be the way I have to go. Seeing some DIY presses has really got my gears going but we'll see

Back