Old Reviews Papa's Lynx Hypnos Zero Review

PapaEmeritus

Faded.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Face Off OG & Durban Poison
Hey folks. Been away for awhile, figured I'd start my catching up with a review. :smoking:

Vaporizer Name: Lynx Hypnos Zero

Type of Vaporizer:
Portable

Draw Method (from a whip, from a bag, etc):
Direct from built-in mouthpiece

Compatible Material:
Concentrates/Oil

Cost: $80 https://linxvapor.com/products/hypnos-zero

Accessories:
Nada.

Quality of Vapor: Eh. Not impressed.

Amount of Time Owned: Four months or so.

Personal Thoughts: It's a small, slick little piece that can totally fit in pretty much any pocket so portability and discretion factor is high. You can easily hide this in your hand and hit it without anyone being able to see it. It's got a glass and stainless steel air path, which is nice.

The stuff I didn't like - The draw is super tight. Like, suck-a-golf-ball-through-a-garden-hose kinda tight. It's not very well vented so in order to get a decent hit you really have to hit it long and slow, which with a 15-second auto-off feature is a bit of a pain in the ass. I had a few moments where I wondered if the initial high I got after taking a puff weren't due to running out of breath trying to hit the damn thing. Finally I settled on hitting it for 5-10 seconds at a time til I got a decent hit. Not the end of the world but far from optimal.

The heating chamber ceramic, which is nice except for the little ceramic post in the middle. It's meant to create more surface area with which to heat your material but it also makes it a bitch to easily assess how much you have left in the chamber itself, as well as making it harder to clean and reducing the capacity of the heating chamber itself.

Cleaning it is a pain. The center post is pretty fragile, so if you bump it or knock it you can screw up the heating element it's attached to. The other recommended method of holding the vape upside down and cycling the high heat on and off to melt the reclaim til it drips out doesn't really work, and just spreads the reclaim up the sides of the chamber so it can cook some more there too. I wasn't able to fully clear the chamber of reclaim after a bit of use and you can't fit a tool into the chamber to scrape it either - the area around the post is tight and if you screw up the center post you're probably gonna have to spend another $35 on a replacement heating chamber. After awhile, all your new delicious loads of wax taste like crap because it's sitting on top of a bunch of old goo.

Another issue is the heat settings. It's got four settings - blue, green, orange and red with red obviously being the hottest. Blue and green are good when your wax is new and if you feel like really dragging on the thing to get those flavor hits but after that if you want any vapor production at all you're left with orange and red which kinda kills any flavor before too long.

And I guess the very last thing is the battery life. You don't expect a long life from these 510 batteries but between that and the constant cycling you have to do to get a decent hit the battery dies quick.

Overall, I strongly suggest saving your money and going another route. I'm probably gonna save mine for CBD isolate that I won't be hitting as often, or I might just pass it off to a friend.

Pics:
Lynx.jpg

(please ignore the janky looking bubble. it was a first-ever run so it looks terrible but it smoked great!)

Anyway, hope this helps anyone looking into picking up one of these. :nono:

I had one for a couple of years and enjoyed it. I didn't find it as hard to draw or clean. I would twist up a paper towel and shove it down and twist while heating and it got clean really quick for me... But it was definitely a PITA before I figured out how little to actually put in. I had lots of issues with it bubbling up and getting clogged from simply putting too much in the chamber. I can't remember how the battery life was when it was new, but after a couple years I was charging it nightly.

When I finally figured out best practices, I would put the tiniest amounts in and get absolutely amazing flavor. Take a few draws, wipe it out real quick, rinse and repeat. I dropped it several times and eventually broke the glass. I actually thought about getting another one, but I plan to try the Puffco Plus next unless I run into any really bad reviews before I get around to ordering it. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for people that want to melt their face off, but if you're looking for flavor, I found it hard to beat.

I've had a Dabbler, Gorilla xl (I think it was), Source xl and I would always went back to the Lynx.

Back