Outdoor Harvest Time Questions

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First time grower here with a couple of questions about when to harvest my autoflower. I'm sure this type of question gets asked often.

I am growing Krippleberry Auto outdoors in a 7 litre pot. Planted with compost and kraal manure. No nutrients added with exception of occasional wood ash during flowering.

I am currently on day 63. Seller advertised +/- 65 days. I have seen a post by Muddy (from 2011) that says that sellers exaggerate the time taken by their seeds. My larger fan leaves have gone yellow and fallen off. Rest of the leaves have gone a pale lime green and smaller fan leaves are starting to turn yellow.

Pistils still seem too white to me, with exception of main cola, which seems to have more brown pistils.

I have tried looking at trichomes with pocket microscope. This was quite difficult to hold steady, but it seemed to me that there are still some clear ones, quite a few cloudy ones and very few amber ones.

My question is should I follow Muddy's advice and wait another couple of weeks for the leaves on the buds to start going yellow and die, or watch the trichomes more closely for cloudy to amber ratio? I've read online that trichome colour can be misleading for autos?

I have attached a few photos for people to look at and give me some feedback. My gut is telling me wait about two more weeks and follow Muddy's advice. But since I'm new to this I don't really trust my gut.

Any advice and feedback would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5804.JPG
    IMG_5804.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4762.JPG
    IMG_4762.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4130.JPG
    IMG_4130.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4132.JPG
    IMG_4132.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8909.JPG
    IMG_8909.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 83
Looks like a couple of weeks left to me buddy, she's still pushing out white pistols and looking like she'll fatten up a Bit more yet :shrug: I use a jewelrs loop and check my trichs when I'm getting close.....I like about 15-20% amber :thumbsup:....but it is true that some autos won't amber up the trichs will still go cloudy though on those when they are ready :headbang:

Looks like a couple of weeks left to me buddy, she's still pushing out white pistols and looking like she'll fatten up a Bit more yet :shrug: I use a jewelrs loop and check my trichs when I'm getting close.....I like about 15-20% amber :thumbsup:....but it is true that some autos won't amber up the trichs will still go cloudy though on those when they are ready though :headbang:

Thanks Bandit for your reply! Good to know my instincts may be correct. Yeah I think ill buy a jeweller's loop as the pocket microscope I'm using is really tricky to hold steady and focus! Bit useless in some ways!

Hey guys,

First time grower here with a couple of questions about when to harvest my autoflower. I'm sure this type of question gets asked often.

I am growing Krippleberry Auto outdoors in a 7 litre pot. Planted with compost and kraal manure. No nutrients added with exception of occasional wood ash during flowering.

I am currently on day 63. Seller advertised +/- 65 days. I have seen a post by Muddy (from 2011) that says that sellers exaggerate the time taken by their seeds. My larger fan leaves have gone yellow and fallen off. Rest of the leaves have gone a pale lime green and smaller fan leaves are starting to turn yellow.

Pistils still seem too white to me, with exception of main cola, which seems to have more brown pistils.

I have tried looking at trichomes with pocket microscope. This was quite difficult to hold steady, but it seemed to me that there are still some clear ones, quite a few cloudy ones and very few amber ones.

My question is should I follow Muddy's advice and wait another couple of weeks for the leaves on the buds to start going yellow and die, or watch the trichomes more closely for cloudy to amber ratio? I've read online that trichome colour can be misleading for autos?

I have attached a few photos for people to look at and give me some feedback. My gut is telling me wait about two more weeks and follow Muddy's advice. But since I'm new to this I don't really trust my gut.

Any advice and feedback would be much appreciated.

hey @Bud Marley and :welcome: to afn! :toke: and oh boy, the classic "when to harvest my autoflower" ques, with as many diff answerz as there are growerz, haha :rofl: anyhoo, u got a purty gurl there & me agree with me m8 that it'z still got a lil wayz to go, and yup, if u can get a loupe, u won't regret the purchase ;) anything u need, jus give a shout :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420: :bong:

hey @Bud Marley and :welcome: to afn! :toke: and oh boy, the classic "when to harvest my autoflower" ques, with as many diff answerz as there are growerz, haha :rofl: anyhoo, u got a purty gurl there & me agree with me m8 that it'z still got a lil wayz to go, and yup, if u can get a loupe, u won't regret the purchase ;) anything u need, jus give a shout :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420: :bong:
Thanks for the quick replies guys! Really helpful and affirming to get some feedback!

the T H See magnifier works great.really close up.Check it out!

I use my I phone 5s not the best camera but if you get a clear pic as close as you can then zoom in after you would be surprised at the quality.

Appears your plants have a bit to go and they'll fatten some too.
When you get a good look at the trics, make sure you're looking at BUD trics...trics on sweet leaves can be misleading.

Back