One good one / One droopy one

Looks like a light issue to me. Both plants are drooping, one just has twisted leaves. It's too early to be a feeding issue... The plant will feed off of its
cotyledon leaves for the first two weeks or so until the root zone is established. The Sf4000 is 400-450 watts right? At 15%, that's like 60w of light. If you're in a 1ft x 1ft space, that's fine, if your in a tent of any size, I'd turn the light to 30% minimum. You can't over water coco so it's no over watering.. I'd increase the light wattage to at least 100w for a 2x2 tent and 200 if its any bigger than that.

Yes, indeed they are stretching so they are asking for more light

Give them more light and start them on a feed

Looks like a light issue to me. Both plants are drooping, one just has twisted leaves. It's too early to be a feeding issue... The plant will feed off of its
cotyledon leaves for the first two weeks or so until the root zone is established. The Sf4000 is 400-450 watts right? At 15%, that's like 60w of light. If you're in a 1ft x 1ft space, that's fine, if your in a tent of any size, I'd turn the light to 30% minimum. You can't over water coco so it's no over watering.. I'd increase the light wattage to at least 100w for a 2x2 tent and 200 if its any bigger than that.

Good call! I was so worried about giving too much light this didn't occur to me.

Yes, its about a 450 watt light from what I've read. I'm in a 5x5 so I bumped it up to 45% yesterday. Might have to remove the drivers and mount them to the roof cause the temp really jumped (but that's a different story for a different thread).

I gave them a good feeding with some mild nutes when i turned the light up yesterday and then again this morning.

*fingers crossed*

Thanks friends!

Good call! I was so worried about giving too much light this didn't occur to me.

Yes, its about a 450 watt light from what I've read. I'm in a 5x5 so I bumped it up to 45% yesterday. Might have to remove the drivers and mount them to the roof cause the temp really jumped (but that's a different story for a different thread).

I gave them a good feeding with some mild nutes when i turned the light up yesterday and then again this morning.

*fingers crossed*

Thanks friends!
Hello. Nice to meet you. I have an sf200 and considered removing driver, did you do it and if so would you post a few pics?

I decided a dedicated fan blowing on it at all times works ok and it feels cooler to the touch and must increase longevity of the driver and diodes.

Cheers,
EP3

Hello. Nice to meet you. I have an sf200 and considered removing driver, did you do it and if so would you post a few pics?

I decided a dedicated fan blowing on it at all times works ok and it feels cooler to the touch and must increase longevity of the driver and diodes.

Cheers,
EP3

Hey buddy! Sorry I just saw this post now. I haven't removed the drivers...yet. Like you, I set up an extra fan for just the light. It seems to have cooled things down a bit for now, but I'm still only running it 30% on the dimmer (new seedlings, 4 days old). I imagine I'm going to have to take more drastic measures soon once I crank this thing up to 100%.

I have Orca grow film on the floor of my 5x5. I think that might be part of the problem, so I'm going to cover it with something and see if the heat goes down. If that doesn't work, I'm going to add a separate exhaust fan just about the light...Though I notice that it seems like the heat under the light is warmer than the heat emmiting from the divers; is yours like this as well? How has your temp been lately? Cheers!

Yes I find the light burns pretty hot. My temps have been much higher this run due to outside temperatures and no equipment to bring it down. Space is a premium in my house so I have the smallest space and no room for it.
Need a bigger place and more money first. Lol.
I think that either replace wire completely or extend it with waterproof connectors would be my choice.
Good luck my friend
EP3

Yes I find the light burns pretty hot. My temps have been much higher this run due to outside temperatures and no equipment to bring it down. Space is a premium in my house so I have the smallest space and no room for it.
Need a bigger place and more money first. Lol.
I think that either replace wire completely or extend it with waterproof connectors would be my choice.
Good luck my friend
EP3

I hear you about needing space and money! Believe me haha. It's hot in my city as well which definitely doesn't help.

I might have to sit down and take a hard look at removing the drivers this weekend. Electrical work is NOT my thing and the idea of spending this much money on a light, only to have to DIY re-work the thing a few months later is a little frustrating. I'm sure I'll get over it as soon as I pull down my first big harvest though. :joy:

Have a good one, friend!

Reactions: EP3
The waterproof joins are the easiest way with little skill or tools needed.
20210625_224008.jpg

Back