Norwegian Kelp Powder 1-0-2
Humic Acid
Epsom salt
General Hydroponics root plugs
Tap water
LED Apollo Horticulture 400
Light mover rail type
2x4x5 Foot grow space

I just placed the seeds in the root plugs, and into the dish of water. A shallow amount of a 1/4 inch or less. The root plug will wick up the optimum water to air ratio. Roots need air to breath. The more air to the roots, the better the grow system. That is what separates high performance hydro from basic.

Perfecting my kush auto skills is my latest focus. I need to represent for S. California on here. I grew this once, and wow. It is the best smoking auto I have grown yet. Nothing too special on the flavor, but the high is perfect. All encompassing and long lasting. Two seeds this time, no neighbors in the grow space and fully organic. It should be a fun one.
P1000136.JPG

Last edited:
Fertilizer Breakdown:

My base nutrients will be the Earth Juice liquid organic line's grow and bloom. I recommend to ALL other growers to get their Microblast for proper micro-nutrient content. My micronutes will be a combination of Norwegian kelp powder, humic acid, hardwater, and Epsom salt for secondaries. The Fox Farm bloom booster will be used through out the entire grow, and that has micros in it also. I have some kelp I need to use, so that is why I am not using the Microblast. The use of fulvic acid and humic acid should make it so I do not need to check or mess with the ph. Organics usually do not need ph adjustment with proper composition, chelates and microbes. The hydroguard and FF big bloom cover the microbes for me.

I start with plain tap water for the seeds to sprout. I let them go a few days before I fertilize. Start with a mild solution of half bloom and half grow. The first few weeks is about roots, so you need P and not much N. Seedlings are also susceptible to N burn, so take it easy on the grow. After the first week or two in the reservoir, I will cut out bloom and up the grow. When I see the first signs of bloom, I will start bloom again. In a 50/50 for the first few weeks, and then cut out the grow completely. You also want to increase the FF BB once they begin to bloom. There will not be a flush. That is for chemical grows. Organics is all about pushing to the very end, and there is nothing to flush out. This is why we are doing organics.

I think I will do an 1/8th t of Epsom salt per gallon, and 1/2 t per gallon kelp powder. Always use a light hand with salty additives. Toxic salt build up is no joke. Feel free to ask me any questions I created, or did not answers. The use of plain unfiltered tap water is something I advocate for organics. The microbes and plants need the natural minerals in the water for their life processes, and can stall or die out if they are not present, or sufficient. It is the same as beer brewing. If the water is too clean the yeast die before eating all the sugar. Use those chelate acids to break those calcium compounds into smaller ionic charged versions the plants and microbes can use. There is no organic cali-mag.

Chelates are fulvic, humic, citric, lactic, phosphoric acids, and vinegar. I may be missing one.

Great to see another AutoDinafem grow going and this should Be interesting as I love a DWC Grow :toke:

Thank you so much for starting this grow diary and thank you for the added picture very much appreciated.

You look to have a nice set up and lots of good nutrients so I'll pull up a chair and be along for the ride:thumbsup:

All the best

D-M.

Back