Outdoor Northern Berry Auto Harvest Advice

Reaction score
Greetings!

I'm new to the forum. Great to be here. Thanks admins for the opportunity to post.

I'm hoping that you fine folk can help me with some advice please.

I decided to experiment with my first auto grow and sprouted a Northern Berry.

She's been grown in living organic soil and fed with fish extract, good old organic cow, chicken and bat manure from the farm, worm castings, organic Nitrosol, Calmag, P, etc. at various stages of development. None of the expensive liquid fertilizers you buy online. No fancy topping etc, left her to grow naturally. Some minor defoliation here and there.

She has been outdoors under 10 hours of full sunlight per day, for 70 days. Temps at 30 degrees Celsius and avg humidity at 56%.

I'm puzzled by the fact that she has grown so tall? Is this normal for an autoflower? This is my first and all I have to go by are pics on the internet and research, which mostly states that this strain reaches 70cm avg. She's at 130cm in a 3 gallon pot. Supports were needed as the branches are heavy.

I'm not sure when to harvest - generally I know when (photoperiod), but it seems most autos should be ready at 65 - 70 days?, but there are no signs of yellowing leaves, falling leaves, etc. The fallen leaves in the photo are ones that i trimmed - from boredom. It's looking as lush green as it did before flowering. I would say that 50% of the hairs have turned brown (but not bright orange and purplelish berry, as strain reports show) - but it seems to have stopped for the past 5 days, with many white hairs still visible - mostly on the tops of buds and lower branches.

Is it safe to assume that as an auto, at 70 days, it should be good to go? I'm hesitant to wait another 10 days to see what happens. I don't have a jewelers loupe :)

Thanks in advance.
20190202_180332.png
20190202_180338.png
20190202_180353.png

Attachments

• 20190202_180332.png
    20190202_180332.png
    630.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 20190202_180338.png
    20190202_180338.png
    564.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 20190202_180353.png
    20190202_180353.png
    635.4 KB · Views: 117
Greetings!

I'm new to the forum. Great to be here. Thanks admins for the opportunity to post.

I'm hoping that you fine folk can help me with some advice please.

I decided to experiment with my first auto grow and sprouted a Northern Berry.

She's been grown in living organic soil and fed with fish extract, good old organic cow, chicken and bat manure from the farm, worm castings, organic Nitrosol, Calmag, P, etc. at various stages of development. None of the expensive liquid fertilizers you buy online. No fancy topping etc, left her to grow naturally. Some minor defoliation here and there.

She has been outdoors under 10 hours of full sunlight per day, for 70 days. Temps at 30 degrees Celsius and avg humidity at 56%.

I'm puzzled by the fact that she has grown so tall? Is this normal for an autoflower? This is my first and all I have to go by are pics on the internet and research, which mostly states that this strain reaches 70cm avg. She's at 130cm in a 3 gallon pot. Supports were needed as the branches are heavy.

I'm not sure when to harvest - generally I know when (photoperiod), but it seems most autos should be ready at 65 - 70 days?, but there are no signs of yellowing leaves, falling leaves, etc. The fallen leaves in the photo are ones that i trimmed - from boredom. It's looking as lush green as it did before flowering. I would say that 50% of the hairs have turned brown (but not bright orange and purplelish berry, as strain reports show) - but it seems to have stopped for the past 5 days, with many white hairs still visible - mostly on the tops of buds and lower branches.

Is it safe to assume that as an auto, at 70 days, it should be good to go? I'm hesitant to wait another 10 days to see what happens. I don't have a jewelers loupe :)

Thanks in advance.View attachment 1009683 View attachment 1009684 View attachment 1009685
10 hours of light isnt enough. Needs 18hrs for best growth some use 24hrs. They will bulk up a bit more though so I say leave it

I would leave her another 10/14 days mate, I think she will plump up a little more yet :thumbsup:.

Thanks for the top advice guys! I will give it some more time.

I must say, from viewing some of the threads, there are some insane grows here. Lots to learn. :pop:

10 hours of light isnt enough. Needs 18hrs for best growth some use 24hrs. They will bulk up a bit more though so I say leave it

This is an auto that received only 6 hours of direct sunlight...never say never bud!! 43" in height and weighed out at 110grams dry. Yes her bud is a bit fluffy, but in my eyes it was well worth growing!
partial sun ultimate2.JPG

This is an auto that received only 6 hours of direct sunlight...never say never bud!! 43" in height and weighed out at 110grams dry. Yes her bud is a bit fluffy, but in my eyes it was well worth growing!
View attachment 1010072
Wow didnt say it couldnt be done, but damn nice for 6hrs!

That looks delicious :thumbsup: skills bro.

Back