No.idea what wrong

Reaction score
Hi all. I have an auto that's got yellowing twisting leaves at top of of plant.
Gorilla Glue 5 weeks old
Marshydro ts2000 light
Biobizz light soil
Dutch pro nutes grow/bloom/calmag
Temp around 20⁰
Humidity around 45
This is the third Gorilla Glue plant in a row that has done this (last 2 binned). Asked on a Facebook group about first 2 and was told nitrogen toxicity.
This plant has only been fed twice in 5 weeks at the minimum (according to instructions) dose of 2ml per litre. Plus calmag at 1ml per litre. So it really can't be nitrogen toxicity. Iv never had plants do this before. I'm at a loss.
Any advice would be great.

20230214_171420.jpg
20230214_171432.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. I have an auto that's got yellowing twisting leaves at top of of plant.
Gorilla Glue 5 weeks old
Marshydro ts2000 light
Biobizz light soil
Dutch pro nutes grow/bloom/calmag
Temp around 20⁰
Humidity around 45
This is the third Gorilla Glue plant in a row that has done this (last 2 binned). Asked on a Facebook group about first 2 and was told nitrogen toxicity.
This plant has only been fed twice in 5 weeks at the minimum (according to instructions) dose of 2ml per litre. Plus calmag at 1ml per litre. So it really can't be nitrogen toxicity. Iv never had plants do this before. I'm at a loss.
Any advice would be great.
Have you checked for critters? Maybe bump up the Cal Mag a bit.

That looks to me to be environmental. Are you sure your humidity is remaining above 40% RH? Also are you watering/fertigating correctly?

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering.

That looks to me to be environmental. Are you sure your humidity is remaining above 40% RH? Also are you watering/fertigating correctly?

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering.
That is about as good of an answer that you will ever get. Well said @Mañ'O'Green

Last edited:

:yeahthat:

Yes Humidity is always above 40.
Watering is altenated with feeding. I give it 3 litres in a 9 litre air pot. I give it a litre and wait till its soaked in then do the same with the other 2 litres till I get run off. I never let soil dry out completely and only water when top 2 inches are dry.

MOG is the man around here to get you back on track. The above advice is the same advice he gave me and though it was pretty late in my grow everything bounced back about as well as it ever could. You're still gonna have to learn to tweak stuff to better fit your exact style but the basics will keep your plants pretty well off.

I agree that it seems to be environmental/watering issue, just looks overwatered. Is it just the leaves and their stems that are droopy or are the main branches drooping too. An underwatered plant will begin to sag everywhere where its more common for an overwatered plant to just have leaf droopiness. Just a thought, could be something else too.

Yes Humidity is always above 40.
Watering is altenated with feeding. I give it 3 litres in a 9 litre air pot. I give it a litre and wait till its soaked in then do the same with the other 2 litres till I get run off. I never let soil dry out completely and only water when top 2 inches are dry.
Ok, it sounds like you are watering correctly but it may be drying down too far. An air pot is drying as much from the sides as the top so you might be going down as low as 30% moisture content. Really you should be using weight and not two inch depth as the guide as when to water/fertigate.

I would also be using a surfactant such as Yucca powder when you do water/fertigate in case some of that outer soil on the sides of the pot has become hydrophobic.

BioBizz Light will be holding your nutrients a little longer and you may want to go to a water, water. fertigate, repeat schedule.

The plant is growing rapidly also and this will use a lot of water as well.

:goodluck:

Back